Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australia is No.1

Blog Entries

Australia is No.1

For the price of cigarettes - the govt is trying to tax them out of existence

Not that I smoke but it does feel unfair for smokers when many things are worse

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ayCurrency=USD

US Dollars

It makes a lot more sense to tax or even outlaw cigarettes than it does to tax gasoline as much as they do here.

We dont tax as much as regulate. Anymore you have to know which new laws forbid it.

Blog Entries
    I smoked as a teenager and into my twenties. I remember back then going to the old pull out handle cigarette machine and putting in my 55 cents for a pack of cigs.
    It was really cheap to destroy your lungs back in those days. Of coarse, I thought I was to young to ever die of lung cancer. Besides, I was so screwed up, I really didn't care.
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I smoked as a teenager and into my twenties. I remember back then going to the old pull out handle cigarette machine and putting in my 55 cents for a pack of cigs.
    It was really cheap to destroy your lungs back in those days. Of coarse, I thought I was to young to ever die of lung cancer. Besides, I was so screwed up, I really didn't care.
    Ahhh the good ole days of 1973.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I was gonna mention paying that for cigarettes myself. Thankfully I got delivered after I was saved. I hate to think what it would have been like smoking for the past 48 years.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Smitty (05-30-2019)

My Daddy was delivered from smoking after he got saved, after having smoked for 32 years.

What gripes me is people receiving public assistance of one sort or another can afford to smoke and do so many other things that one would think would be beyond their reach.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by curly sue View Post
    My Daddy was delivered from smoking after he got saved, after having smoked for 32 years.

What gripes me is people receiving public assistance of one sort or another can afford to smoke and do so many other things that one would think would be beyond their reach.
    Where I live there are street corners with people holding cardboard signs asking for money. Many of them are smoking while looking for a hand out. If the ones smoking are broke, how in the world can they afford to buy cigarettes. A pack of smokes around here costs about $11 bucks a pack.
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Smitty For This Useful Post:

curly sue (05-31-2019)

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    For the price of cigarettes - the govt is trying to tax them out of existence

Not that I smoke but it does feel unfair for smokers when many things are worse

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ayCurrency=USD

US Dollars
    I'm guessing that there is a thriving black market for cigarettes in Australia.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'm guessing that there is a thriving black market for cigarettes in Australia.

Funny you should say that ...smuggling has increased as well as more crimes by people stealing to sell

https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/ne...ng-b881046127z

https://au.news.yahoo.com/man-facing...232741331.html