Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Detecting

I'm giving thought to buying a detector unit to go over the backyard and have some fun on vacation trips. Will be doing some research on units and potential local areas. We are on historic property so the search will be interesting.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

diakonos777 (03-16-2021), krystian (03-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    I'm giving thought to buying a detector unit to go over the backyard and have some fun on vacation trips. Will be doing some research on units and potential local areas. We are on historic property so the search will be interesting.
    That's great keep us updated. With all the water near you are you going to get one that can be submerged?

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    OMG, Krys - This post just reminded me of a Netflix series I binge-watched recently...

It's called The Detectorists - It's a cute and funny program about 2 friends who are "professional" metal detectors - They like to refer to themselves as "Detectorists," and they quickly correct people who call them metal detectors by saying that the "detectors" are the instruments they use - They actually belong to a club that consists of a motley bunch of peeps who are quirky and downright hilarious.

The droll, British humor is quite charming, and (if I recall correctly) there's no profanity, sex or nudity.

Check it out - I think you'll enjoy it.
    I missed replying to this! I did catch some clips like this one after I read your post... thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    I missed replying to this! I did catch some clips like this one after I read your post... thanks!

Right there at the end when that old guy called them metal detectors I knew they were going to say in unison, "detectorists".

That's great keep us updated. With all the water near you are you going to get one that can be submerged?
    I'll be happy with waterproof but not planning on getting too wet. Something more practical and basic for starters.

Blog Entries
    Does anyone ever find any thing of value? I never heard of it!

I'll have to check out the tv shows. We need something new to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Does anyone ever find any thing of value? I never heard of it!
    Old coins are a treat to find and can be sold...if the hunter wants to get rid of what they just found.

Hey FB, this is a Michigan metal detecting club I'm a member of, they're based in metro Detroit but there's lots of members up north also. Lots of good tips and show and tells there. I've met Tom the admin a couple of times on some of the seeded hunts they do and he is a silver magnet!

Michigan Metal Detecting Public Group | Facebook

Hey FB, this is a Michigan metal detecting club I'm a member of, they're based in metro Detroit but there's lots of members up north also. Lots of good tips and show and tells there. I've met Tom the admin a couple of times on some of the seeded hunts they do and he is a silver magnet!

Michigan Metal Detecting Public Group | Facebook
    Thanks I'll check it out!

ETA: Found and joined a group at Northern Michigan Metal Detecting. Probably some folks I know. There are posts about areas only us locals know about. Good group.