Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Detecting

Metal Detecting

Its been a busy year so I haven't had the time to detect as much as I'd like to but I did find a silver ring my very first day out this spring and just last week found a men's silver figaro link 22" chain.

There is a new waterproof pin pointer that came out earlier this year that I'll probably wait until next spring to buy, but it looks awesome:

So, anyone else enjoy digging for buried treasure?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

Rebel for God (10-14-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Its been a busy year so I haven't had the time to detect as much as I'd like to but I did find a silver ring my very first day out this spring and just last week found a men's silver figaro link 22" chain.

There is a new waterproof pin pointer that came out earlier this year that I'll probably wait until next spring to buy, but it looks awesome:

So, anyone else enjoy digging for buried treasure?
    So far, I've only gone out a couple of times (late last year, dried up lake bed). Mostly found fishing sinkers and beer cans. But it was a lot of fun, and at this point fishing sinkers were what I was looking for anyway. Partially to get some of my own sinkers back, but also because I melt them down to cast bullets.

I'll definitely go again more often, and hopefully upgrade my equipment a little.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel for God For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (04-16-2018), krystian (10-14-2015)

Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    My son bought a really cheap one several years ago, that found a few rusty nails out in my Mom's yard, but that was it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lista View Post
    My son bought a really cheap one several years ago, that found a few rusty nails out in my Mom's yard, but that was it.

u find all the good stuff lista....

Blog Entries
    u guys ever watch Diggers?

Quote Originally Posted by wheeze View Post
    They're way too annoying.

Here's the kind of people I like to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/user/nuggetnoggin/featured

https://www.youtube.com/user/aquachigger/featured

Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeze View Post
    never heard of it

The weather has been terrible and I've been busy but I finally got a chance to get out and do my first hunt of the year last week....and for the first time ever I found two silver coins on the same hunt. :) Metal Detecting-20180416_132839-jpg

Love the monopoly pieces.

OMG, Krys - This post just reminded me of a Netflix series I binge-watched recently...

It's called The Detectorists - It's a cute and funny program about 2 friends who are "professional" metal detectors - They like to refer to themselves as "Detectorists," and they quickly correct people who call them metal detectors by saying that the "detectors" are the instruments they use - They actually belong to a club that consists of a motley bunch of peeps who are quirky and downright hilarious.

The droll, British humor is quite charming, and (if I recall correctly) there's no profanity, sex or nudity.

Check it out - I think you'll enjoy it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

krystian (03-14-2021)