Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rachel Held Evans

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I'm sure I probably wouldn't find them objectionable. I just know that nobody comes close to being on the same page about these things and so hence saying the comment doesn't really mean anything. The 'law' isn't for a given time, it was made for the sinner's heart to convict them:

We know that the law is good when used correctly. For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders. The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching that comes from the glorious Good News entrusted to me by our blessed God. 1 Tim. 1:9-11

Like I said, if not used correctly as Timothy stated, it can cause more harm than good. Scripture transcends times. That's part of the reason that we have so much 'lawlessness' today and people teaching things this very thread is about. People think because times change the scripture changes. It doesn't. The law will still convict a heart just as it always has, leaving the door open for 'the good news.'

But anyway, different strokes for different folks.
    Ray Comfort’s approach to use the Law for the hardened and self-righteous heart. Use Grace for the broken and contrite heart. Biblical and effective in use.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

fuego (05-11-2019), victoryword (05-13-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Ray Comfort’s approach to use the Law for the hardened and self-righteous heart. Use Grace for the broken and contrite heart. Biblical and effective in use.
    Yep. Unconvicted, law. Convicted, grace.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (05-11-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    We know that the law is good when used correctly. For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders. The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching that comes from the glorious Good News entrusted to me by our blessed God. 1 Tim. 1:9-11

Powerful verse that should make everyone think

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

fuego (05-11-2019), victoryword (05-13-2019)

Can you find an NT passage where they preached specifically the law of Moses to Gentiles ? This is not a rhetorical question.
    Last edited by Colonel; 05-12-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Can you find an NT passage where they preached specifically the law of Moses to Gentiles ? This is not a rhetorical question.
    Have you read “Hell’s Best Kept Secret”?? That is what I am specifically referring to.

Have you read “Hell’s Best Kept Secret”?? That is what I am specifically referring to.
    Nope. So where can I find law preached to Gentiles in the Bible ?

Nope. So where can I find law preached to Gentiles in the Bible ?
    Do you search and scan every post to see if your grand services to the internet are needed to correct someone? Seriously.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

victoryword (05-13-2019)

Do you search and scan every post to see if your grand services to the internet are needed to correct someone? Seriously.
    If that is what you call asking for examples from the Bible then I guess that question speaks volumes.

Blog Entries

If that is what you call asking for examples from the Bible then I guess that question speaks volumes.
    Ok mr brains, give me an example of where I Said there was Law being preached to Gentiles in the New Testament? And that is not a rhetorical question.