Thread: Anyone do their taxes yet?

Anyone do their taxes yet?

LOL...last day. I usually have mine done late February or early March but its been a busy year and I finally got them done a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, I found that the government has valued my townhouse at about $100,000 more than its actual market value but thankfully it didn't matter to the end result. This is Norway so don't try to figure it out...

Yup

Rendered that which art Caesar’s.

Blog Entries
    Mrs. Fuego always does ours at the end of January or the beginning of February whenever we get all our stuff. And usually have the refund within a week or two later direct deposited.

Did them Saturday.

Blog Entries
    We got it done in early March by a tax professional we have used for the last 8 years. My wife has been going to him for the last 20 years. I got remarried 8 years ago and that's how I found out about our tax guy. He's an expert as he worked for years at the IRS and H & R Block before his retirement. Now he works out of his house during the tax season and is the absolutely best tax man I've ever met. He helped us get the largest refund in the 8 years I've been married to Sharon. And that's with the new trump tax over-haul too.
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Smitty For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (04-17-2019)

Good for you, Smitty

Unfortunately, this time, we ended up owing more than we've ever owed - Before I retired (4 years ago), we'd get small refunds from the IRS and the state, but now that I'm bringing in considerably LESS money, we owe - Go figure?

I take our info to my former employer: CPAs with decades of experience (LOL) - They do what they can, but it is, what it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    Good for you, Smitty

Unfortunately, this time, we ended up owing more than we've ever owed - Before I retired (4 years ago), we'd get small refunds from the IRS and the state, but now that I'm bringing in considerably LESS money, we owe - Go figure?

I take our info to my former employer: CPAs with decades of experience (LOL) - They do what they can, but it is, what it is.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Less money-pay-out? That a bummer!
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

We use a firm for DH’s business. We pay quarterly taxes.