Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: John 9 and the Man Born Blind

  1. #1

    John 9 and the Man Born Blind



    Men have used Scripture such as John 9:1-5 to teach that God has predestined people to be born with sickness, disease, and handicaps. They claim that God does this to be glorified through it. Therefore, the negative circumstances in your life must be accepted as God's will for you. But is this what the passage is teaching?

    In this teaching video we will show you how men have absolutely misunderstood John 9:1-5 and will give you the proper interpretation by which God's character is completely vindicated.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfnILiQwsPM
    Christ's Victory Bible Teaching Center
    Web site: http://www.cvbibleteachingcenter.org


    Vindicating God Ministries
    (A Unique New Bible Teaching Ministry)
    Web site: http://www.vindicatinggod.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vindicatinggod
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/_victoriousword

  2. #2
    Administrator fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8,923
    Thanked: 6993
    Blog Entries
    1
    I like to do these arguments where I give the other side their argument, just to show them their argument still doesn't hold any water. I'm saying this without having watched the video yet. But I'm pretty sure I know where you're going with it.

    For instance, the story above, I will say to the person, ok, let's just say it was God's will for them to be born that way. That still doesn't change anything, BECAUSE THEY WERE STILL HEALED. IT WAS STILL THE WILL OF GOD FOR THEM TO BE HEALED. So in order for you to do the will of God, regardless of why they were born that way, YOU NEED TO HEAL THEM. :)

    And I can use that same argument for any story in the Bible where they say what happened was God's will. Job, etc. it works for them all. Most focus on Job's suffering and leave out the fact HE WAS TOTALLY DELIVERED, HEALED, AND TWICE AS BLESSED BEFORE IT HAPPENED. So I tell them if you consider yourself a Job, you need to be dancing and singing and praising God because deliverance is on the way. Same as the story above, if you believe it's God's will for you to be sick and basing it on that story, you need to be dancing and sining and praising God because it basically guarantees your healing.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    FireBrand (04-08-2019)

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I like to do these arguments where I give the other side their argument, just to show them their argument still doesn't hold any water. I'm saying this without having watched the video yet. But I'm pretty sure I know where you're going with it.

    For instance, the story above, I will say to the person, ok, let's just say it was God's will for them to be born that way. That still doesn't change anything, BECAUSE THEY WERE STILL HEALED. IT WAS STILL THE WILL OF GOD FOR THEM TO BE HEALED. So in order for you to do the will of God, regardless of why they were born that way, YOU NEED TO HEAL THEM. :)

    And I can use that same argument for any story in the Bible where they say what happened was God's will. Job, etc. it works for them all. Most focus on Job's suffering and leave out the fact HE WAS TOTALLY DELIVERED, HEALED, AND TWICE AS BLESSED BEFORE IT HAPPENED. So I tell them if you consider yourself a Job, you need to be dancing and singing and praising God because deliverance is on the way. Same as the story above, if you believe it's God's will for you to be sick and basing it on that story, you need to be dancing and sining and praising God because it basically guarantees your healing.
    I have argued for Job in a similar way. I even point people to James 5:11 which tells us the main focus of Job is THE END OF THE LORD!!

    The problem that I have found with arguing that for John 9 is that some people wickedly teach that God predestined for the man to be born blind just for the purpose of being healed by Jesus on that particular day. Their whole point is PREDESTINATION. It was God's predestined purpose for this man to be healed in order for Jesus to show off but it may not be His predestined plan for YOU to be healed from the sickness or handicap He predestined you to have. So I have had to focus on the proper interpretation of it.

    BTW, the woman who asked me to teach this goes to a larger church (a Word of Faith church) but her and her husband attend our Bible study faithfully (more faithful than most of our members). She was given a lot of scary teaching about God while living in Africa. She said that while I was teaching that she was already being supernaturally delivered from fear. She asked us to pray for her after the Bible study and we had a deliverance service that night (unprecedented for a Bible study night). We usually have praise and worship practice after the study but because of the deliverance we had to cut that super-short. But it is amazing how people can be set free by the truth.
    Christ's Victory Bible Teaching Center
    Web site: http://www.cvbibleteachingcenter.org


    Vindicating God Ministries
    (A Unique New Bible Teaching Ministry)
    Web site: http://www.vindicatinggod.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vindicatinggod
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/_victoriousword

  5. #4
    Administrator fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8,923
    Thanked: 6993
    Blog Entries
    1
    The problem that I have found with arguing that for John 9 is that some people wickedly teach that God predestined for the man to be born blind just for the purpose of being healed by Jesus on that particular day. Their whole point is PREDESTINATION. It was God's predestined purpose for this man to be healed in order for Jesus to show off but it may not be His predestined plan for YOU to be healed from the sickness or handicap He predestined you to have. So I have had to focus on the proper interpretation of it.
    I haven't had anybody hit me with that one yet. I can certainly see someone coming back with that though.

    Yeah, the Bible tells us to consider the end of Job, and par for the course Christians/preachers do just the opposite, focus on the beginning of Job.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    victoryword (04-07-2019)

  7. #5
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,112
    Thanked: 4567
    Can someone please find a passage where it was God's will that someone was sick and then they were not healed ?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    victoryword (04-07-2019)

  9. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Can someone please find a passage where it was God's will that someone was sick and then they were not healed ?
    Good question Colonel.
    Christ's Victory Bible Teaching Center
    Web site: http://www.cvbibleteachingcenter.org


    Vindicating God Ministries
    (A Unique New Bible Teaching Ministry)
    Web site: http://www.vindicatinggod.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vindicatinggod
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/_victoriousword

  10. #7
    Administrator fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8,923
    Thanked: 6993
    Blog Entries
    1
    I know how I put this may be a little controversial from some. But God loves us supremely. We are his children. Most here probably have children and love them supremely, and it's not anywhere near the level that God loves us. Having said that, don't you think if God could heal he would heal us/them? Our problem is not from His end.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    victoryword (04-08-2019)

  12. #8
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,112
    Thanked: 4567
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I know how I put this may be a little controversial from some. But God loves us supremely. We are his children. Most here probably have children and love them supremely, and it's not anywhere near the level that God loves us. Having said that, don't you think if God could heal he would heal us/them? Our problem is not from His end.
    That brings up the "God's inabilitie(s)" topic. Why is God unable to heal and can we affect his practical ability to heal in the positive direction so that more healings take place ?

  13. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    That brings up the "God's inabilitie(s)" topic. Why is God unable to heal and can we affect his practical ability to heal in the positive direction so that more healings take place ?
    How Does God and Satan Work on the Earth?
    http://www.vindicatinggod.org/articles/God_earth.pdf
    Christ's Victory Bible Teaching Center
    Web site: http://www.cvbibleteachingcenter.org


    Vindicating God Ministries
    (A Unique New Bible Teaching Ministry)
    Web site: http://www.vindicatinggod.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vindicatinggod
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/_victoriousword

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to victoryword For This Useful Post:

    Colonel (04-08-2019)

  15. #10
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,112
    Thanked: 4567
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryword View Post
    How Does God and Satan Work on the Earth?
    http://www.vindicatinggod.org/articles/God_earth.pdf
    That's good but it doesn't discuss the topic in detail in terms of what we are to do, except to be yielded and to pray.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Ford Mustang warranty warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.