Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiest Nation in the World: Finland !!

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Did you catch this thread from last week Tom?

https://livingfaithforum.com/showthr...hlight=finland
    Hi Krystian! Yes I did catch that thread. And I could not let the good name of the great nation of Finland go undefended!

Quote Originally Posted by victoryword View Post
    I am always leery of stats.
    I am a firm believer in statistics, especially when they agree with my predetermined point of view!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to njtom For This Useful Post:

fuego (04-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Yeah, it was kinda strange so I did a search on cost of living and taxes in Finland and they're both high with Finland's tax rate at 52%. I dunno about that poll either, maybe its true and ignorance is bliss?
    But with those high taxes comes a reduction in expenses, e.g., health insurance, college tuition.

Seems to me that they know exactly what they have, and they're grateful for it.

By the way, Finland's education system is consistently ranked very high, so they're not dumb.

Finland's education system enjoys a lot of buzz lately. It is considered one of the best education systems in the world. It routinely outperforms the United States in reading, science, and mathematics. And it has been a top performer since the first Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) triennial international survey back in 2000.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/...on-system-work

Why would anyone assume that Finns are ignorant of their taxation levels and why would taxation levels be a governing factor of happiness ?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Why would anyone assume that Finns are ignorant of their taxation levels and why would taxation levels be a governing factor of happiness ?
    On the second question, one could argue that with high rates of taxation, a person partially loses the freedom to do
    what he wants with his money. But it's not a problem for me, as I'd be happy to pay a 50% tax rate or higher on my income
    if I knew that my fellow Americans were having their basic needs met as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by njtom View Post
    On the second question, one could argue that with high rates of taxation, a person partially loses the freedom to do
    what he wants with his money. But it's not a problem for me, as I'd be happy to pay a 50% tax rate or higher on my income
    if I knew that my fellow Americans were having their basic needs met as a result.
    I suppose the Finns both know about it and also disagree with the American "always lower taxes" aficionados.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    ..and why would taxation levels be a governing factor of happiness ?
    You seriously can't be that obtuse. That sounds like a pretty disingenuous question.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (04-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    You seriously can't be that obtuse. That sounds like a pretty disingenuous question.
    I was wondering if something got lost in the translation.

High taxes leads to a little rebellion now and then. This we know.

Quote Originally Posted by njtom View Post
    But it's not a problem for me, as I'd be happy to pay a 50% tax rate or higher on my income
    You could do that right now, couldnt you? Cut out the middle man and give half your annual to build someone a tiny house or help Habitat. Or pay someone’s deductible...etc

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I literally have no idea what you are talking about. Please explain.