Thread: Great British Baking Show

Great British Baking Show

Anyone into baking? This show is so great! I really enjoy it. During the Christmas to New Year's break DH and I made an Opera Cake. The whole process took over 4 hours and the results were so delicious....

Great British Baking Show-opera-cake-jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Highly Favoured For This Useful Post:

sojourner (03-23-2019)

That looks so yummy! I do watch the show sometimes, but I don't really bake much anymore.

That looks delicious!

You know you can’t post a mouth watering picture like that without the recipe or maybe an instructional video!?!

I used a recipe from the Splendid Table website. The recipe is about four pages long, too! The cake is made up of layers of sponge cake, ganache, buttercream frosting (not that frosting you make with icing sugar and butter), espresso glaze for the sponges, and then covered in chocolate glaze. The above chocolate was not done correctly, because I should not have tried to spread it! I should have just let it sit in its shiny glory... but it tasted great. I froze most of the cake for special occasions which have all passed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Highly Favoured For This Useful Post:

A.J. (03-22-2019)

Sounds like something Rog would love. Three of his favourite things.... cake, coffee and chocolate!

Thanks, not sure I’ll make it but maybe for his birthday. He usually gets chocolate pudding tarts but this might go over pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Muriel View Post
    Anyone into baking? This show is so great! I really enjoy it. During the Christmas to New Year's break DH and I made an Opera Cake. The whole process took over 4 hours and the results were so delicious....

Great British Baking Show-opera-cake-jpg
    Never heard of an Opera Cake before...that looks amazing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Never heard of an Opera Cake before...that looks amazing!
    That's because when you take your first bite it's so good it makes you sing a really high note.

i have all the episodes dvr'd (available on PBS) and watch them over and over lol