Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi - kind of new here

Hi - kind of new here

Hi...

Just thought I'd jump in, and since there's no "New Here" post to add to I had to start this one. I'm not really new to some of you.

I retired and life got busy. I'm teaching in our church's hybrid homeschool co-op. I teach History (Veritas curriculum) and Writing (IEW.com curriculum) and literature to age 8-12 year olds. We don't use grades to determine a student's placement, but proficiency levels.

Once the weather warms up I'll be out destroying more lawn and replacing the grass with native plants. We're putting in a pool this spring (already started) and I'm planning the landscaping for that, too. I won't be doing the work but will get some of the teenagers from church to come in and dig holes and place mulch.

DH is still working; has his own company repping Asian manufacturers and is in charge of Sales for one of them here in Michigan and in Minnesota.

I don't know what else to tell you - so if you have a question just ask.

Muriel (nee Highly Favoured)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Highly Favoured For This Useful Post:

curly sue (03-22-2019), Femme* (03-22-2019), FireBrand (03-21-2019), John (03-22-2019), krystian (03-21-2019), Romans828 (03-22-2019)

I thought I'd seen that name some time before.

Welcome back Muriel...you've been missed! I used to especially enjoy your and Jewel's posts on gardening and birds and the great outdoors. :)

Good to see you here, sis!

Glad you're back!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Welcome back Muriel...you've been missed! I used to especially enjoy your and Jewel's posts on gardening and birds and the great outdoors. :)
    I'm still gardening. I've got an acre to work with now and concentrating on native plants. Being here I've seen first hand how birds do not use non-native trees for anything. It was a real eye-opener.

We also have about 15-20 deer that wander through the yard, as well as turkeys, coyotes, raccoons, skunks, foxes, and other assorted wildlife.
    Hi - kind of new here-img_0673-jpg One of many!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Highly Favoured For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (03-22-2019)

So glad you came to join us here!

Welcome back!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

Highly Favoured (03-22-2019)

It's good to see you!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

back!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post: