Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Afraid of the Anti-Christ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Of course we all know there will be a rapture. Even though Brown does not believe. However, even the most brilliant of scholars are wrong much of the time.
    The rapture is biblical but the timing is disputed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Femme* (03-30-2019)

Blog Entries
    Of course we all know there will be a rapture. Even though Brown does not believe. However, even the most brilliant of scholars are wrong much of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    The rapture is biblical but the timing is disputed
    The Second Coming is 'a' rapture, if not the rapture.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (03-27-2019)

Brown does believe Morris does believe. They are just showing that scripture does not support a pre-trib rapture like the one portrayed in the Left Behind scenario.

Jesus is coming back. He is not coming half back, whisking up His bride and then coming all the way to the earth on another date.

2 Thessalonians chapter one spells out His return. Revelation tells us that He is coming back when His bride has made herself ready.
    Revelation 19:6-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the[a] Lord God Omnipotent reigns! 7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
    We can hasten/speed up His return.
    2 Peter 3:11-13 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
    This verse from 2 Peter and the verse from 2 Thessalonians, and the passage from Revelation 19 all go together.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
    As a famous preacher on this forum used to say" "When He comes, I go."

Blog Entries
    Pre-trib is the biblical interpretation of prophecy.

Pre-trib is the biblical interpretation of prophecy.
    I think if you were on an island with just a bible and had never heard man's teaching of the pre-trib rapture theory, you would come to a very different conclusion.

Looks like it originated with the Catholics, according to this short video.

Blog Entries
    It originated with the Scriptures.

When He comes, I go. I’m going on the first train out of here.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Colonel (03-30-2019), Ezekiel 33 (04-01-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    Jesus is coming back. He is not coming half back, whisking up His bride and then coming all the way to the earth on another date.

2 Thessalonians chapter one spells out His return. Revelation tells us that He is coming back when His bride has made herself ready.

We can hasten/speed up His return.

This verse from 2 Peter and the verse from 2 Thessalonians, and the passage from Revelation 19 all go together.

As a famous preacher on this forum used to say" "When He comes, I go."

Scripture seems to point out that there is a future marriage of Christ and the church. This is illustrated in Matt 22:2, 2 Cor 11:2, Eph 5:22-32. A bride (church) adorned for her husband (Christ). Are there two brides? If not, which one is the bride, the church or the New Jerusalem?
    "Come here (John), I shall show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb. And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper (Rev 21: 9-11).
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.