Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you buy an extended warranty when you purchase a vehicle?

I never purchase extended warranties, on any items. I think I've been indoctrinated by the message that they rarely pay off.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to njtom For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (04-23-2016)

I guess it would depend on the brand of vehicle before I would consider buying an extended warranty. I am of the belief that if it's a brand new car, with zero miles, it truly should not have any issues. I have not even purchased an extended warranty.

I buy Toyota vehicles, and am thankful that they have little or no issues. I have seen many warranty issues with Chevy vehicles. Having worked in a dealership, I hardly saw big Toyota issues, but at the Chevy store, loads of issues. So I guess that is why I would consider the brand of vehicle, and research before you buy.

I have never bought brand new. I am a previously leased person myself. I have been blessed to find vehicles that are turned in after their 30,000 miles lease is up. God has blessed me with the last three vehicle purchases, and all have been used. Thankful that God has made sure that I have had no issues with my vehicles.

It's a personal choice for each person, sometimes it's not worth the funds, other times, it's a wise decision.

I have usually purchased it when buying a used car from a dealer. It has paid off over the years. I look at it as an insurance policy in case something drastic goes wrong with the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    I used to barter in a bumper to bumper extended warranty whenever I purchased a newer used vehicle. Then when I purchased a brand new vehicle six years ago I was given a good price on a 10 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty so I decided to buy it.

Glad I did because I used it this week on some front end work I needed done and since there's only one deductible no matter how many different issues you bring it in for I also had them look at a power window that was starting to glitch a bit.

I lost my vehicle for a couple of days but both issues got fixed and the warranty has paid for itself and I still have four years left. :)
    Had to get some more work done last week...the tie rod, wheel bearings and alignment were covered, I just had to pay for new brakes and rotors.

Blog Entries
    I do not buy them on cars..I do sometimes on electronics, especially if they are for the grandkids...one broke his phone after having it just 4 months.got full replacement for the $20.00 warranty...same with his computer a few years ago....he's rough on stuff...

Blog Entries
    PS, my car is 9 years old, has almost 200K miles..just had it serviced and had new brakes put on...total was about $550.00...less than a warranty...it is a Nissan...I intend to keep it for a long time now that I am not driving to work it will take quite a few years to put another 100K on it. Also it does not have a timing belt...that is often people's biggest expense, replacing them or the repairs when they break..