Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AOC's Green New Deal Proposal Is One Of The Stupidest Documents Ever Written

AOC's Green New Deal Proposal Is One Of The Stupidest Documents Ever Written

-On Thursday, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) released a six-page proposal for her much-ballyhooed Green New Deal. Before so much as reading it, presumably, Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA), who happens to be a 2020 presidential frontrunner, endorsed it.

She should have read it.

Whoever wrote the proposal is, to put it kindly, dense. Idiotic. Moronic. Even Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) found herself unable to pretend to take it seriously; she said she hadn’t seen it yet, but “it’s enthusiastic and I appreciate the enthusiasm.” This, not coincidentally, is precisely what I say when I find out that my 2-year-old son has used his magic markers on his bedroom wall. When Nancy Pelosi has to pat you on the head and tell you that your picture of a doggie – which, for the record, looks like a blob with three legs and a spaghetti sauce stain – is just great honey, you’re in trouble...

...How bad is the Green New Deal paper? Putting aside the fact that, as written, it would receive a C+ in any high school English class, it essentially articulates a magical world in which the skies rain chocolate, the world is powered by unicorn farts, and AOC dances through the gumdrop meadows to Lisztomania.

The proposal calls for the United States to be free of carbon emissions within 10 years
    without the use of nuclear power. It calls for every building in the United States to be replaced or retrofitted in green fashion. It calls for universal healthcare, free college education, the replacement of airplanes with high-speed trains, charging stations “everywhere” (this is the sort of exactness the proposal contains), replacement of “every combustion-engine vehicle,” government-provided jobs, family and medical leave, vacations, retirement security, and the abolition of “farting cows.” It also calls for total “economic security” for anyone “unable or unwilling to work.”...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43194...st-ben-shapiro

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (02-08-2019), GodismyJudge (02-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    ...the replacement of airplanes with high-speed trains
    Hey Fuego, guess you took those flying lessons for nuthin.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

fuego (02-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    -On
    The proposal calls for the United States to be free of carbon emissions within 10 years
    without the use of nuclear power. It calls for every building in the United States to be replaced or retrofitted in green fashion. It calls for universal healthcare, free college education, the replacement of airplanes with high-speed trains, charging stations “everywhere” (this is the sort of exactness the proposal contains), replacement of “every combustion-engine vehicle,” government-provided jobs, family and medical leave, vacations, retirement security, and the abolition of “farting cows.” It also calls for total “economic security” for anyone “unable or unwilling to work.”...[/FONT][/COLOR]

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43194...st-ben-shapiro
    That reads like Communist Utopia as described by Communists, just with a green twist. Communists believe that the world will magically turn into something like that if only society goes through the various stages of Communism first.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (02-08-2019), GodismyJudge (02-08-2019)

A lot of people voted for her.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    The problem is that people tend to vote for what the candidate promises to work for in the immediate future which may be very mild compared to their basic political ideology or agenda. In Sweden there is (probably) too much immigration so many votes go to the "Sweden democrats" since they want to lower immigration but their ideology is questionable and many of their members are outright racists.

Her election was more of against an incumbent who refused to debate her than a vote for any of her policies. This will be a wakeup call, because the candidate that she beat was #2 in Democratic leadership who would have challenged Nancy Pelosi for the Speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Mostly Immigrants ...

Cant for the life of me understand why America allows Immigrants (Except for me of course ) to vote ....It's like a suicide wish for a country in my opinion .

I remember during my naturalization ceremony when they handed us Voter Registration Cards I was like Uh Oh the Democrats just got some new voters..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (02-12-2019), FireBrand (02-08-2019)

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    Her election was more of against an incumbent who refused to debate her than a vote for any of her policies. This will be a wakeup call, because the candidate that she beat was #2 in Democratic leadership who would have challenged Nancy Pelosi for the Speaker.
    Yes, she won her primary with a pretty small turnout.

While only 13% of the registered Democratic Party voters bothered to cast a ballot, Ocasio-Cortez won both the Bronx and Queens portions of the district.

While nabbing the Bronx’s 36% of the district, 4,093 to 3,541, she demolished the man everyone was touting as the next speaker of the House in his home borough, where he is also the Democratic party leader, 11,804 to 8,220.
    https://www.bxtimes.com/stories/2018...-06-29-bx.html

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    That reads like Communist Utopia as described by Communists, just with a green twist. Communists believe that the world will magically turn into something like that if only society goes through the various stages of Communism first.
    It sounds more like a little girl riding a unicorn while trying to sprinkle pixie dust to make the world better wrote it.

Hard to believe she graduated college let alone cum laude.

Ocasio-Cortez majored in international relations and economics at Boston University, graduating cum laude in 2011...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez

14. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (02-12-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
    Mostly Immigrants ...

Cant for the life of me understand why America allows Immigrants (Except for me of course ) to vote ....It's like a suicide wish for a country in my opinion .

I remember during my naturalization ceremony when they handed us Voter Registration Cards I was like Uh Oh the Democrats just got some new voters..

Similar to us ...the left leaning party that resembles the Democrats is all for refugees etc because they target those votes

The Greens which is even more leftist wants younger people to vote as they know they are gullible

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (02-20-2019)