Thread: My Cousin Zach Hankins

My Cousin Zach Hankins

I watched him grow up to a towering 6’ 11 in our church in Charlevoix and here he is a star player with Xavier college in the Big East conference. He was DII All American last year when he went post grad to a D1 team in Cinci. This is getting interesting.

#35 is his number, they play on FS1 channel....

The story is familiar by now. Hankins developed into the DII player of the year and chose Xavier over schools like Michigan and MSU. As you can read in the article above, projecting a guy who played a DII and is suddenly facing down Jessie Govan is a hard thing to do. Hankins has more than risen to the challenge, though. It speaks a lot to the dedication of a young man that he hasn’t arrived here and taken a moment to take a deep breath and savor the situation. Instead, Hankins has dominated. Govan was good when the Hoyas played Xavier, but it was Hankins who went for 23/10/2 and threw in three blocks for good measure.

https://www.bannersontheparkway.com/...ource=facebook

Blog Entries
    Cousin? Somebody in the family have a late kid?

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Cousin? Somebody in the family have a late kid?
    No, not first cousin. His dad is about 7yrs younger than I. The article mentioned the fractured foot/ankle that kept him sidelined. He wanted to play but had a soft cast. He was sitting on the front row by me as I spoke with his folks. All of a sudden a fire rose up in me, I spun around and pointed at his softcast and said “I’m not cool with that AT ALL!”. We prayed and the next day he was on his way to the doc, called his dad and said “bring my bag and shoes to me, I am practicing tonight”. He foot was healed and not another problem with it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Cardinal TT (01-23-2019), fuego (01-23-2019), Quest (01-24-2019), Romans828 (01-24-2019)

Blog Entries
    How do people grow to 6' 11" ????

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    How do people grow to 6' 11" ????
    He’s like the tallest person in the north. His shoes are like pontoon boats.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    He’s like the tallest person in the north. His shoes are like pontoon boats.
    It must be tough in normal life with clothes, cars etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    It must be tough in normal life with clothes, cars etc.
    Especially in dealing with growth spurts as a teen or mom and dad keeping food in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Especially in dealing with growth spurts as a teen or mom and dad keeping food in the fridge.
    Being over 6'7" or 2 meters is no fun, even if one is good looking. At least he can make use of his size as a basketball player.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (01-24-2019)

His effect on the floor is incredible, tangible. Beyond his monstrous “sky” ability is his fire. As soon as the coach puts in the other talll guy (#32), the opposing team often has a 5-7pt run. When Zach returns, he immediately sparks the team to new life with huge blocked shots or crowding in the paint, fast break jams, rebounds and assists. Last night it was obvious. In the Georgetown win it was very obvious.