Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NY Passes Bill For Abortion Up To Birth

Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    This whole 'if the woman's life is in jeopardy' thing is nothing but a straw man. It basically gives them the right to murder any baby they want by placing it in that category. Very rarely is a woman's life in danger due to childbirth.
    Well, (playing devil's advocate) it's probably more frequent than you know. My doctor basically said that I should not have been able to take my daughter to full term. My iron was so low I had to have 2 blood transfusions, while having the c-section, and he said the placenta was tissue thin. So thin, that he didn't think he would be able to get it back together again, and had to use some chemical agent to get it back together rather than sutures. So, in my case, even if I COULD have more children I wouldn't be able to. It would kill either me or the baby. So....not so rare.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lista View Post
    Well, (playing devil's advocate) it's probably more frequent than you know. My doctor basically said that I should not have been able to take my daughter to full term. My iron was so low I had to have 2 blood transfusions, while having the c-section, and he said the placenta was tissue thin. So thin, that he didn't think he would be able to get it back together again, and had to use some chemical agent to get it back together rather than sutures. So, in my case, even if I COULD have more children I wouldn't be able to. It would kill either me or the baby. So....not so rare.
    Well, just because it happened to you doesn't mean it's not rare. And when I say rare I mean relatively speaking in percentages. I'd like to see a percentage of pregnancies that are actually so life threatening to the mother that abortion would actually be necessary to save their life.

And this really isn't a good subject to play 'devil's advocate' on, the murdering of innocent babies. :)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Well, just because it happened to you doesn't mean it's not rare. And when I say rare I mean relatively speaking in percentages. I'd like to see a percentage of pregnancies that are actually so life threatening to the mother that abortion would actually be necessary to save their life.

And this really isn't a good subject to play 'devil's advocate' on, the murdering of innocent babies. :)
    To some traditional Catholics contraception and abortion are the same category. Meaning that every poster here is a life-denier, someone who hinders God from creating life when he so chooses. Maybe not baby killers but at least people who made someone fail to exist whom God wanted to exist.

Former Abortion Doctor Counters Progressive Narrative: 'You Never Need Late-Term Abortion To Save A Woman's Life'
    By Frank Camp
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/43283...erm-frank-camp

... Such a question suggests that termination is sometimes the only solution to certain late-term medical scenarios.

This simply isn't true.

During an interview with Live Action founder Lila Rose, former abortion doctor Anthony Levatino stated that late-term abortions are never medically necessary:

We hear all the time how abortion, including especially late-term abortion, is necessary to save women's lives. Nothing could be further from the truth. I spent nine years working at a tertiary medical center. There are only certain hospitals in the country that are designated to take care of the really, really high-risk pregnancies ...

Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York, where I worked, was one of them. I was faculty at the hospital for nine years, and I saw hundreds of cases of really severe pregnancy complications – cancers, heart disease, intractable diabetes ... toxemia pregnancy, out of control. In those nine years, I saved hundreds of women from life-threatening pregnancies, and I did that by delivering them, by ending their pregnancy by delivery – either induction of labor or cesarean section...

I always tell people, in all of those years, the number of babies that I had to, that I was obligated to deliberately kill in the process was zero, none.

Levatino continued, explaining that prior to a late-term abortion, the cervix must be sufficiently dilated in order for the doctor to be able to properly extract the dismembered fetus from the uterus. The dilation process "can take anywhere from 24 to 72 hours," according to Levatino, who performed more than 1,200 abortions in his career. Many women experiencing major pregnancy complications don't have that much time.

Levatino then spoke about a case that he encountered in his own career. A pregnant woman came to the hospital with "severe toxemia," also known as pre-eclampsia. Levatino "stabilized her, brought her back, did a cesarean section," and "had her delivered within an hour of arriving at the hospital." Both the mother and the infant of 27 weeks gestation survived. Had she waited hours for a late-term abortion, she would have likely suffered a stroke, according to Levatino.

"You never need late-term abortion to save a woman's life. If necessary, you accomplish the delivery," he said.

The idea that abortion is sometimes necessary to "save a woman's life" is persistent, but completely false. However, few people know this. Therefore, when a polling company asks a question such as the one that Gallup put forth, the answers should be analyzed with the understanding that many Americans aren't aware that the question is based on a false premise.

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)

Blog Entries
    Judge Jeanine blasts legalization of infanticide. (90 second comment before the Judge Jeanine comes on).

If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GodismyJudge View Post

Former Abortion Doctor Counters Progressive Narrative: 'You Never Need Late-Term Abortion To Save A Woman's Life'
    By Frank Camp
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/43283...erm-frank-camp

... Such a question suggests that termination is sometimes the only solution to certain late-term medical scenarios.

This simply isn't true.

During an interview with Live Action founder Lila Rose, former abortion doctor Anthony Levatino stated that late-term abortions are never medically necessary:

We hear all the time how abortion, including especially late-term abortion, is necessary to save women's lives. Nothing could be further from the truth. I spent nine years working at a tertiary medical center. There are only certain hospitals in the country that are designated to take care of the really, really high-risk pregnancies ...

Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York, where I worked, was one of them. I was faculty at the hospital for nine years, and I saw hundreds of cases of really severe pregnancy complications – cancers, heart disease, intractable diabetes ... toxemia pregnancy, out of control. In those nine years, I saved hundreds of women from life-threatening pregnancies, and I did that by delivering them, by ending their pregnancy by delivery – either induction of labor or cesarean section...

I always tell people, in all of those years, the number of babies that I had to, that I was obligated to deliberately kill in the process was zero, none.

Levatino continued, explaining that prior to a late-term abortion, the cervix must be sufficiently dilated in order for the doctor to be able to properly extract the dismembered fetus from the uterus. The dilation process "can take anywhere from 24 to 72 hours," according to Levatino, who performed more than 1,200 abortions in his career. Many women experiencing major pregnancy complications don't have that much time.

Levatino then spoke about a case that he encountered in his own career. A pregnant woman came to the hospital with "severe toxemia," also known as pre-eclampsia. Levatino "stabilized her, brought her back, did a cesarean section," and "had her delivered within an hour of arriving at the hospital." Both the mother and the infant of 27 weeks gestation survived. Had she waited hours for a late-term abortion, she would have likely suffered a stroke, according to Levatino.

"You never need late-term abortion to save a woman's life. If necessary, you accomplish the delivery," he said.

The idea that abortion is sometimes necessary to "save a woman's life" is persistent, but completely false. However, few people know this. Therefore, when a polling company asks a question such as the one that Gallup put forth, the answers should be analyzed with the understanding that many Americans aren't aware that the question is based on a false premise.

Bingo.