Thread: Secret Sin

Blog Entries

Secret Sin

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoever confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy (Pv 28:13).

As believers of the Lord Jesus Christ we need to know we can find victory over sin! Lifting up a standard of holiness and choosing to live right by the power of the Holy Spirit is clearly not an option as we live out our Christian lives before God. Paul wrote of: "holiness without which no man shall see the Lord" (Heb 12:14). Those who yearn and strive to walk in victory over sin know peace and a joy those under condemnation of sin can never know.

Having secret sin in your life will undo all efforts at living in a consistent and effective Christian walk before the Lord. Hidden sin in your life will place a callous around your heart. It will plug your spiritual ears and blind your spiritual eyes. Many Christians fail to understand that "fleshly lusts wage war against the soul" and when you "sow to your flesh (fallen nature) you shall reap corruption."

I've heard it said on more than one occasion that we're all just a bunch of rotten sinners! Like we're just a bunch of filthy pigs wallowing in the same slop. But we're all okay because God's grace like a paint job will cover it all up making us pure before His eyes. Excuse me! Living in a continual disobedient condition while harboring unconfessed and hidden sin in ones supposedly Christian life is not the gospel I get out of the Bible. Isn't the life of Christ in us supposed to effect some sort of Change?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that there are more "modern pulpit bearers" giving people assurance of salvation without actually giving them salvation itself. This is delusional causing many religious folks to think they are saved when they are not! Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them (Eph 5:6-7).

Paul warned of being deceived with a message of vain words; that you could live in a life of sinful behavior and not face the consequences of that willful pattern of disobedience. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but there is false teaching out there that instills within Christians a falsehood of living in unconfessed sin, and yet they believe they are right with God. Being comfortable while living in sin because the pastor said God loves me, and accepts me just the way I am is untruthful.

We've all heard:" Aren't we all just sinners saved by grace?" Well, I believe we need to hear something more helpful than I'm just a filthy sinner. As Christians we are more than just sinners. We're washed and cleansed by the precious blood of Jesus, if indeed you truly have made Him the Lord of your life. In fact, the Word of God says "we are more than conquerors" and "sin shall not have dominion over you." We need to hear a message on the power of God's Spirit that will give us victory over sin, and not one that will just leave us wallowing in it. By the inward power and presence of the Holy Spirit we can live a life of holiness before the Lord. If you have received false teaching concerning this post, simply reading the Bible and believing and doing what we read would go a long way in clearing up many issues for us. The true grace of God will bring victory over sin. God's standard for the believer is the power of His Spirit given within us to make us a conqueror of sin.
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smitty For This Useful Post:

Quest (01-30-2019), Romans828 (01-27-2019)