Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Blog Entries
    Found this at a Preterist website - https://ecclesia.org/truth/preterist-questions.htmligning

After 70AD Jerusalem was desolate and yet Jesus was supposedly reigning form there

If Jesus Christ came back in 70 AD—corporately, invisibly, symbolically, spiritually or however—why didn't anybody notice? Why hasn't history recorded this cosmic event?

Answer:
    They did notice. It has been recorded. The problem is, no one reads history with spiritual perception. We are making the same mistake the Jews did. They were looking for a physical king and materialistic kingdom. They missed the spiritual kingdom Christ established. People today are missing the spiritual kingdom for exactly the same reason: they are looking for a physical paradise and fleshly, materialistic fulfillments. The kingdom is here now, we just need to open our eyes and realize it.

Besides, not all history is known to us. Tremendous volumes of ancient history were destroyed with the Alexandrian Library in A.D.391. The official history written by historians in the first century was only that which was approved by the Roman Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Found this at a Preterist website - https://ecclesia.org/truth/preterist-questions.htmligning

After 70AD Jerusalem was desolate and yet Jesus was supposedly reigning form there

If Jesus Christ came back in 70 AD—corporately, invisibly, symbolically, spiritually or however—why didn't anybody notice? Why hasn't history recorded this cosmic event?

Answer:
    They did notice. It has been recorded. The problem is, no one reads history with spiritual perception. We are making the same mistake the Jews did. They were looking for a physical king and materialistic kingdom. They missed the spiritual kingdom Christ established. People today are missing the spiritual kingdom for exactly the same reason: they are looking for a physical paradise and fleshly, materialistic fulfillments. The kingdom is here now, we just need to open our eyes and realize it.

Besides, not all history is known to us. Tremendous volumes of ancient history were destroyed with the Alexandrian Library in A.D.391. The official history written by historians in the first century was only that which was approved by the Roman Emperor.

There is that "historicity" they use as a lense of understanding. Two of their champions are Harold Eberle and Jonathan Welton. They are leading the charge on the "reformation".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (12-29-2018)

Anywaaaaays.....

From Jeremiah Johnson:

I see more of a hunger in the prophetic movement to obtain power than to walk in intimacy. I see more of a desire to live under the anointing than to demonstrate Christlike character. I see more of an appetite to publicly prophesy over thousands than to privately pray to the Father in heaven. I see more of an obsession to chase after someone else's prophetic mantle than to giving our time to discovering our own unique divine design given by the Father alone. I see more of an urge to chase gold dust, feathers and angels than to encounter the person of Jesus Christ.

All of these pursuits lead to one terrifying end: The rise of a generation of "Simon the Sorcerers" who are currently operating in illegitimate authority!

..... All activity in the kingdom of God that is not born out of intimacy is unauthorized by heaven!

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion...-are-rising-up

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

curly sue (12-29-2018), Ezekiel 33 (12-29-2018), Romans828 (12-29-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post

Answer:

The thing that doesn't make sense at all is that the kingdom wasn't established between his resurrection and 70 AD. How exactly did things suddenly change for the better in 70 AD ??

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Anywaaaaays.....

From Jeremiah Johnson:

I see more of a hunger in the prophetic movement to obtain power than to walk in intimacy. I see more of a desire to live under the anointing than to demonstrate Christlike character. I see more of an appetite to publicly prophesy over thousands than to privately pray to the Father in heaven. I see more of an obsession to chase after someone else's prophetic mantle than to giving our time to discovering our own unique divine design given by the Father alone. I see more of an urge to chase gold dust, feathers and angels than to encounter the person of Jesus Christ.

All of these pursuits lead to one terrifying end: The rise of a generation of "Simon the Sorcerers" who are currently operating in illegitimate authority!

..... All activity in the kingdom of God that is not born out of intimacy is unauthorized by heaven!

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion...-are-rising-up
    The sign of the Simon the Sorceror type is that he thinks he can go from "doing this as a witch" to "doing that instead as a Christian minister". As Peter pointed out, the heart has to change, not just the mind and the activities. Then we have Simon the Sorceror's fan club, Christians that think that the greater the witch was the greater the resulting Christian minister will be. God can turn anything around but buying that per default is crazy, as if their claiming that "I knew how to walk in power as a witch therefore I can figure out how to walk in power as a Christian minister" makes any sense.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (12-29-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    The sign of the Simon the Sorceror type is that he thinks he can go from "doing this as a witch" to "doing that instead as a Christian minister". As Peter pointed out, the heart has to change, not just the mind and the activities. Then we have Simon the Sorceror's fan club, Christians that think that the greater the witch was the greater the resulting Christian minister will be. God can turn anything around but buying that per default is crazy, as if their claiming that "I knew how to walk in power as a witch therefore I can figure out how to walk in power as a Christian minister" makes any sense.
    A good breakdown of that is in Watchman Nee’s “The Latent Power Of The Soul”.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (12-29-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    A good breakdown of that is in Watchman Nee’s “The Latent Power Of The Soul”.
    A dead spirit and a soul filled by carnality can access demonic power but the person cannot simply "learn" to direct their skills at doing that over into serving God in His power. A belief in or knowledge that the supernatural is real is better than coming from the opposite persuasion though. "I want the real thing and realize that I've been duped" can be a good motivation factor.

The church has misunderstood the meaning of the word "prophecy". Prophecy has very little to do with "prediction" or foretelling the future. It has more to do with bringing people to repentance along with warnings and promises contingent upon the actions of the people. If people understood this simple truth then we would not have to have "a word" every new year about the coming year and then we would not need to jump through so many hurdles in our attempts to defend so-called unfulfilled prophecy. We would simply obey and act on what God has already revealed.

That being said, we also need to make sure that we do NOT despise prophecies as God commanded through Paul.
    Christ's Victory Bible Teaching Center
    Web site: http://www.cvbibleteachingcenter.org

Vindicating God Ministries
    (A Unique New Bible Teaching Ministry)
    Web site: http://www.vindicatinggod.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vindicatinggod
    Gab: https://gab.com/victoriousword
    Minds: https://www.minds.com/victoriousword/
    MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/troyedwards15

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to victoryword For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (01-04-2019), FireBrand (12-29-2018), Jew and Greek (01-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by victoryword View Post
    The church has misunderstood the meaning of the word "prophecy". Prophecy has very little to do with "prediction" or foretelling the future. It has more to do with bringing people to repentance along with warnings and promises contingent upon the actions of the people. If people understood this simple truth then we would not have to have "a word" every new year about the coming year and then we would not need to jump through so many hurdles in our attempts to defend so-called unfulfilled prophecy. We would simply obey and act on what God has already revealed.

That being said, we also need to make sure that we do NOT despise prophecies as God commanded through Paul.
    There are some specifically predictive prophecies in the New Testament, some of them were not contingent upon the actions of the people. They were typically negative, people had to adjust themselves to negative circumstances that they didn't already expect.

Wow .. never imagined I would see so much despising pf prophesying on a Pentecostal forum ... dont know about you guys but I had plenty of breakthroughs this year . My sister was healed from cancer, My other sister healed from a hand ailment and my wife about to give birth to our second after multiple miscarriages ..

As VW said prophetic words are not neccesarily predictions , they are inspired Words for you to come into agreement with and to be the establishing witness for them to come to pass and their failure to come to pass in your life does not mean they were not inspired or of God after-all literally millions of Jews failed to enter the promised land despite God's prophetic Word that he HAD given the land to them

And for those who say people should stay with the Word and shun the prophetic declarations .. thats fine but lets remember that not everybody is Word Literate or have access to literatue. Prophetic declarations are is all some have access to /

So folks can despise the word on breakthroughs if they want but as for me and my house we will hold on to every prophetic word on breakthrough in 2019 that we can . Afterall its the sick who need a doctor and according to your faith so be it on to you .

Happy new year everyone but then again if we were to follow this fellas logic I should be wishing you a sad new year not a happy one afterall sad things happen every year

Be blessed .. uh then again maybe I should say be cursed since curses are all around us ?