Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    I dont care how you slice it, the gift of prophecy is powerfully anointed and needed. We are not to sit here as a panel of judges over those we have no relationship with. We are not to judge another's servant. If you want to reject a word, then by all means do so. The one gift we need today is the gift of Prophecy. Paul said to covet such. I sure do.

The one thing we are NOT to do is despise prophesyings. These "soft" and generic words may not edify you at all but I assure you there may just be someone that is clinging to hope in desperate need of encouragement. Let us not despise these words of the Lord.

The Lord has given me two words for our church this year....
    1. Bear one another's burdens so to fulfill the law of Christ.
    2. Go deeper.
    ....and I; we shall
    As I read this post, I thought that's exactly it. As I said earlier, I don't read a lot of the prophetic words that come through FB but when I hear the Lord say to stop and read, and know a word is for me, I get the Holy Spirit quickening in my spirit and have a "Yesss, thank you Lord" moment... a word in season refreshes and encourages!

But ... I still think, like with my friend, some people treat the constant feed of prophetic words like horoscopes.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (01-09-2019), FireBrand (01-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    It means "in the likeness" of a prophet. In other words, treat them as a prophet, if indeed they are one and you will be blessed. Even though David was rebuked by Nathan, this was still a blessing. It saved his life and made him check his heart.
    NIV: because he is a prophet, then you will receive a prophet's reward. That is the bigger question, do you want a prophet's reward. I sure do.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (01-09-2019)

If we look at the video in the OP and read the subtitles through the first minute then we will see that he is making predictions that will all come true. For the simple reason that they will come true in some places. Then he says that he is tired of prophecies concerning the new year where people declare things like "in 2019 there will be the greatest revival that the world has ever seen". That specific prophecy is an example of a prophecy that isn't going to come to pass. Or at the very least it didn't come to pass in the previous years where it was prophecied at new year's eve. Nor is it a prophecy that even can come to pass for the simple reason that it will take longer than one year to change things to where God will bother to unleash that kind of power on us. And even if someone here disagrees with me on the last sentence and thinks that it might be possible, you don't know that. Which means that that kind of prophecy can well amount to a prediction that simply cannot come to pass, however much the prophet's hearers decide to work hard to make his prophecy come to pass.

The Bible tells us to judge the words of prophets but in today's Charismaniacal world many times that simply does not happen, accountability is diverted from the prophet and to whoever else. Some prophets have even admitted that their very specific prophecy did not come to pass but they still refuse to admit that it wasn't from God, they merely work hard at reinterpreting it until it makes sense to them in light of what actually happened.

What's the difference between an ear tickling prophecy and an encouraging prophecy ? Well first of all the ear tickling prophecy didn't come from God. It may or may not happen to come to pass but what it was more than anything else was emotionally pleasing and typically in some relational manner having to do with the group or mindset that the prophet and his hearer both belong to. Meaning it's human in nature and not the Holy Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post

But ... I still think, like with my friend, some people treat the constant feed of prophetic words like horoscopes.
    And that isnt any prophet’s fault any more than a teacher (another of the Eph4 5-fold) will have others run too far with a good teaching.

I have had several meetings with the late Dick Mills (forgive my name dropping) where he wanted to be whisked away to a secret, private room after ministering in the prophetic office. He said, too many want a word and when the Lord is done giving that utterance and he want to be tempted at a vulnerable moment. I have stood by that wisdom in my own ministry since hearing him say that in 1987.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (01-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    What about this. Just came across it, from 2014. Seems pretty accurate. I have never followed Kim Clement, so don't know much about him.

When I was pastoring in the Metro area Clement had a home base in Southgate. He made some wildly speculative prophecies about the Whitehouse in '93-94 that failed miserably and TBN never followed up on it. First, Clement should have exercised some humility in his releasing it and most assuredly needed humility in reappearing on tbn to follow up on it when the date passed with no fulfillment.

Does that make Clement a false prophet? Heavens no. Was he wrong? Absolutely.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (01-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    When I was pastoring in the Metro area Clement had a home base in Southgate. He made some wildly speculative prophecies about the Whitehouse in ‘93-94 that failed miserably and TBN never followed up on it. First, Clement should have exercised some humility in his releasing it and most assuredly needed humility in reappearing on tbn to follow up on it when the date passed with no fulfillment.

Does that make Clement a false prophet? Heavens no. Was he wrong? Absolutely.
    Big name ministers some times repent of wild teachings. Benny Hinn did in the nineties. When did a big name minister ever repent of a wild prophecy ? Where is the accountability ?