Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Judgement?

Judgement?

For a long time I've mentioned that surely we in America face the judgment of God for our national sins. But in the past couple of weeks I feel like God is saying, "America has already entered into judgment...they just don't realize it." I think that's true. Even in the church, I wonder how many people really understand that so much of what is happening IS a sign of God's judgement. And, of course, there's more to come. These are merely the birth pangs of judgment.

I think the signs that we're already in the judgment phase of God's timetable include our drug use epidemic, homelessness, odd weather patterns, sexual maladies, coldness of heart, transgenderism...and more. And yes, I really think that Trump himself may be part of our present judgement.

Sure, revival CAN reverse the curse of God's judgment, but it MUST begin in the church. But will it? Not as long as Christians are more in tune with the world than with what God is doing and wants to do.

More prayer, folks. More prayer!
    Last edited by Bookman; 12-19-2018 at 07:33 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bookman For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (12-19-2018), Romans828 (12-21-2018)

I’ve stepped into a pastorate with the mission of getting these prepared for very difficult times just up ahead. This is a country-club, slumbering church that is powerless. Seems like everything I do here is “brand new” to them. We are beginning a weekly worship/intercession night in 2 weeks. We are in the midst of the great falling away. We need to get radical and quick.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Bookman (12-19-2018), Romans828 (12-21-2018)

? I do not see how God is judging America. I rather would say that what people sow they harvest. Whats going on is man made, God does not have to add anything.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tschau For This Useful Post:

curly sue (12-21-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by tschau View Post
    ? I do not see how God is judging America. I rather would say that what people sow they harvest. Whats going on is man made, God does not have to add anything.
    I think both are true. We do harvest what we sow. But when we sow sin, we reap judgment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bookman For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (12-21-2018)

If we sow sin God does not need to do anything. We will suffer from the outcome itself.

Did you think homelessness or sexual maladies are a judgement from God ?

Quote Originally Posted by tschau View Post
    If we sow sin God does not need to do anything. We will suffer from the outcome itself.

Did you think homelessness or sexual maladies are a judgement from God ?
    Those that are unsaved are under the wrath of God. We see this stated clearly in Jn 3:36
    "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Those that are unsaved are under the wrath of God. We see this stated clearly in Jn 3:36
    "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
    Agreed, but I don't believe that God is judging and pouring out judgement collectively on nations today. I believe what seems like judgement is still the reaping by those who sowed. Otherwise, the true body of Christ would be reaping that punishment as well unless we are speaking of a time when true believers are no longer on the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by curly sue View Post
    Agreed, but I don't believe that God is judging and pouring out judgement collectively on nations today. I believe what seems like judgement is still the reaping by those who sowed. Otherwise, the true body of Christ would be reaping that punishment as well unless we are speaking of a time when true believers are no longer on the earth.
    Churches are packed with people unprepared for the great and terrible tribulation coming upon the earth. Multitudes deceived by years of faulty and weak gospel. They cannot endure sound doctrine, they flee such. Sowing and reaping is an immuteable principle/law of the Kingdom, and as you said (amen) is a judgement when that crop is in it’s fullness.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

curly sue (12-22-2018), Nikos (12-23-2018)

FireBrand, what do you think about the Rapture?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (12-22-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by curly sue View Post
    FireBrand, what do you think about the Rapture?
    When He comes, I go.

I’m a pre-trib, pre anti-christ revealed believer. We are not appointed unto Wrath. Yet, the narrow focus of us not suffering and thinking we escape that is not biblical. Too many are living “the dream”. Trouble is, dreaming and slumber go together.

Example: years back when Obama was elected, a classic pentecostal woman was in my office the next day saying she thought Obama was the antichrist and wondered why we hadnt been raptured. If she is still alive, I wonder what she thought of ISIS and the mass beheadings.

The Church needs to RISE UPWARD!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

curly sue (12-22-2018)