Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laverne died

Laverne died

I used to love that show.

Penny Marshall, star of 'Laverne & Shirley,' dead at 75

-
    Penny Marshall, who starred in "Laverne & Shirley," has died. She was 75.

A publicist for Marshall told Fox News that the actress died "peacefully at her Hollywood Hills home" from complications due to diabetes on Monday.

"Our family is heartbroken over the passing of Penny Marshall," the Marshall family told us in a statement.

"Penny was a girl from the Bronx, who came out West, put a cursive 'L' on her sweater and transformed herself into a Hollywood success story," the statement added. "We hope her life continues to inspire others to spend time with family, work hard and make all of their dreams come true."

The New York-born actress rose to fame from her hit 1970s sitcom "Laverne & Shirley." She starred as Laverne DeFazio, the Milwaukee brewery worker, alongside Cindy Williams in the hit ABC comedy show. The series, which aired from 1976 to 1983, was among the biggest hits of its era...

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ley-dead-at-75

Blog Entries
    A few weeks ago she came up and I can't remember why and I Googled to see if she was still alive.

I loved watching Laverne & Shirley also. Ah, growing up in the 50's and 60's! L & S always took me back there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (12-21-2018)

I never did like that series. Lennny and Squiggy might be the main reason.

Just a reflection, in that time of the mid-70's there was a fascination and celebration of the days of the 50's. Strange, but has our culture ever honored an era such as this? Does anyone celebrate the late 90's like we did the 50's?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    I never did like that series. Lennny and Squiggy might be the main reason.

Just a reflection, in that time of the mid-70’s there was a fascination and celebration of the days of the 50’s. Strange, but has our culture ever honored an era such as this? Does anyone celebrate the late 90’s like we did the 50’s?
    Well I don't think the late 90s had as distinctive a culture/style etc as the 50s did? Just guessing. Of course Lavern and Shirley was a spinoff of Happy Days so it had to be 50s too. :)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Well I don't think the late 90s had as distinctive a culture/style etc as the 50s did? Just guessing. Of course Lavern and Shirley was a spinoff of Happy Days so it had to be 50s too. :)
    Toss in Sha Na Na Show. I think it was American Grafitti that kicked it off. Harrison Ford rocked that ‘55 Chevy.

I think most decades through the 1970s had a distinct culture/style. But from 1980 on to the present, to me it's just one long distinctionless era. Ho-hum describes it.

Correct. Understandably so, music is in that same observation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    I think most decades through the 1970s had a distinct culture/style. But from 1980 on to the present, to me it's just one long distinctionless era. Ho-hum describes it.
    Hence, 'That 70's Show'. But has there been a 60's show? :)

Hence, 'That 70's Show'. But has there been a 60's show? :)
    Wasn’t The Wonder Years about the 1960s? I seem to remember the older sister going to an anti war rally.