Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: God Hates Divorce?

This is a worthwhile conversation but someone on my Facebook went to the website this article was taken from and much of what this guy teaches is, as Firebrand called it, Universalism.

However, I still don’t believe either wife OR husband need to stay in abusive marriages.
    Last edited by A.J.; 12-09-2018 at 03:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

tschau (12-14-2018)

I get lost when an article implies something that is exactly the opposite of what the Bible records as a statement coming from God's own mouth.
    Christ's Victory Bible Teaching Center
    Web site: http://www.cvbibleteachingcenter.org

Vindicating God Ministries
    (A Unique New Bible Teaching Ministry)
    Web site: http://www.vindicatinggod.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vindicatinggod
    Gab: https://gab.com/victoriousword
    Minds: https://www.minds.com/victoriousword/
    MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/troyedwards15

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to victoryword For This Useful Post:

John (12-11-2018), Quest (12-18-2018)

This discussion is insightful and brings out some important issues. I always felt there was a deeper meaning to "God hates divorce."
    God hates the sin that is the root of the divorce.

Blog Entries
    I think the topic of divorce gets ;ost in the, 'Is it wrong or is it justified'. What John pointed out is very true...dicorce is destructive spiritually, it destroys a concept of unity God ordained...in a study years ago on ancient paths I was better able to grasp this...I cannot think of a single reason that 'justifies divorce'.

I can think of good reasons to seperate....protect the children the spouse...

Divorce is a man made solution that is not a solution at all...it is a way out that decides the problems are BEYOND GOD....

I have never heard a single argument for divorce that passes the scriptural litmus test...IMHO

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

John (12-18-2018)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan david View Post
    This discussion is insightful and brings out some important issues. I always felt there was a deeper meaning to "God hates divorce."
    God hates the sin that is the root of the divorce.
    Like God hates the sin of hate that results in murder? Or the sin of lust that results in adultery...or the sin of greed that results in robbery and theft?

How does that address the aspect of COVENANT.

Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    I think the topic of divorce gets ;ost in the, 'Is it wrong or is it justified'. What John pointed out is very true...dicorce is destructive spiritually, it destroys a concept of unity God ordained...in a study years ago on ancient paths I was better able to grasp this...I cannot think of a single reason that 'justifies divorce'.

Divorce is a man made solution that is not a solution at all...it is a way out that decides the problems are BEYOND GOD....

I have never heard a single argument for divorce that passes the scriptural litmus test...IMHO
    We should stay married to the abuser, the habitual cheater, the homosexual?!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lista For This Useful Post:

BAP (01-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post

You have heard the arguments you just dont agree with them

Sometmes Growth is by extraction and pruning and sometimes you have to kill weeds in order to protect the plants. So No divorce is not ALWAYS destructive. Sometimes it is good , very good

I remember my Sr Pastor said that he counseled a married couple for 2 years to try and save their marriage. It was so full of drama and craziness, he finally gave up on them and told them to do themselves a favor and go ahead with the divorce.

Blog Entries
    Divorce is never the best solution.

Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Divorce is never the best solution.
    So, you discover your wife is gay. She tells you she's been delivered, you find evidence that she's dabbling again, you go to counseling, she says she's been delivered again, and you go through this process several times. Stay in the marriage? Keep going around that same mountain year after year?