Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey

I finally got on the Downton Abbey train. I'm watching Season 4, Episode 2 right now and I'm quite obsessed.

It's a fascinating series and it's like reading a wonderful book that you can't put down.

I know you all talked about it, probably a couple years ago, but I didn't feel like watching it at the time.

Now, probably 3 episodes a day.

We're into Season 6 over here. I love it. Who's your favorite character, A.J.?

I hate season 6 ! It's the cardboard version of everything. The first several seasons were very entertaining though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    We're into Season 6 over here. I love it. Who's your favorite character, A.J.?
    I think the Dowager Countess of Grantham. She has the freedom to say some of the most outrageous things and can lay out the truth in a way that can't be avoided. She definitely provides comic relief.

Second would be Tom Branson, followed by many of the staff... the Bates, Mrs. Patmore, Daisy, Carson, Mrs. Hughes.

I liked Matthew and I love his down to earth mother, Isobel Crawley.

The dowager just said something hilarious again when talking to Tom. "Oh, no. If I were to search for logic, I should not look for it among the English upper class!"

I can only watch to the end of Season 4 on Netflix, but my daughter, who's been encouraging me to watch the series for some time, says there will be a marathon of Season 5 before Season 6 starts here in January.

I've also found a pretty good website for watching shows online once I navigate through all the pop-ups so I can most likely find Season 5 there.

My Daughter says there's another series on now called "Indian Summers" that is set in the English colonization of India. She says it's very good as well.
    Last edited by A.J.; 10-05-2015 at 04:59 PM.

I have only watched part one of Indian Summer and I liked it. Admittedly, it's hard to watch how rich Brits treat the "hired help".....but that's what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I think the Dowager Countess of Grantham. She has the freedom to say some of the most outrageous things and can lay out the truth in a way that can't be avoided. She definitely provides comic relief.

Second would be Tom Branson, followed by many of the staff... the Bates, Mrs. Patmore, Daisy, Carson, Mrs. Hughes.

I liked Matthew and I love his down to earth mother, Isobel Crawley.

The dowager just said something hilarious again when talking to Tom. "Oh, no. If I were to search for logic, I should not look for it among the English upper class!"

I can only watch to the end of Season 4 on Netflix, but my daughter, who's been encouraging me to watch the series for some time, says there will be a marathon of Season 5 before Season 6 starts here in January.

I've also found a pretty good website for watching shows online once I navigate through all the pop-ups so I can most likely find Season 5 there.

My Daughter says there's another series on now called "Indian Summers" that is set in the English colonization of India. She says it's very good as well.
    Those are pretty much my favorite characters as well. I haven't watched Indian Summer as we just watched it on Netflix about six months ago. I will probably end up watching it again though.

I recently discovered Acorn TV which is all British tv and movies, streaming. I think it is $4.99 a month. I really want to subscribe, however Mr C says if we get that we won't have anything to watch on PBS.

I'm just starting Season 6 Episode 4 and then I'll be all caught up.

I've had to watch Seasons 5 and 6 on a rogue website.

Have enjoyed it thoroughly!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I've had to watch Seasons 5 and 6 on a rogue website.

Downton Abbey-sga6d-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Downton Abbey-sga6d-jpg

Let me know if you want the website!

Blog Entries
    Downton Abbey-sgde3-jpg