Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scoring Black Friday Deals - How did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan david View Post
    The best deal I saw as on BestBuy, a Toshiba 43" class for $129. but you had to walk-in. Might be gone now, but Cyber Monday is another chance.
    Our kids are looking for a good tv deal. I know sil has been on the look out for one.

I saw a 65" TV for $499 at the Superstore. Can't remember the brand, but we're just not in the market. We aren't the kind of people who upgrade just because we want to. It's nearly always a HAVE to.

Anyhow, I went out especially to the western wear store (only one in town) because they had 20% off store wide, which is a great sale for that store... and a nice western shirt is anywhere from $60-$90 ... and up. I searched for "work shirts" on their website and they came up @$110.

So Rog's gift is bought and stashed. I checked out a couple other stores, but just wasn't in the shopping mood and couldn't think of anything else I needed.

However, in a pre-black friday sale, I went to my main clothing store and got 50% off my entire purchase. So very happy about that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

Jonathan david (11-24-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I saw a 65" TV for $499 at the Superstore. Can't remember the brand, but we're just not in the market. We aren't the kind of people who upgrade just because we want to. It's nearly always a HAVE to.

Anyhow, I went out especially to the western wear store (only one in town) because they had 20% off store wide, which is a great sale for that store... and a nice western shirt is anywhere from $60-$90 ... and up. I searched for "work shirts" on their website and they came up @$110.

So Rog's gift is bought and stashed. I checked out a couple other stores, but just wasn't in the shopping mood and couldn't think of anything else I needed.

However, in a pre-black friday sale, I went to my main clothing store and got 50% off my entire purchase. So very happy about that.
    Hehe, I did a lot of clothing buying this year, at the wife's insistence - she says I need a style upgrade :) So we made Macy's happy. I took advantage of huge 70% discounts on "name brand" stuff, Ryan Seacrest and Calvin Klein suit pants.

I thought it was over when I bought some sharp suit jackets in Korea last Sept, but the ever fashion-conscious wife let me know its not cool to wear nice jackets and MC hammer width baggy pants anymore :). Korean-style skinny pant-legs are now the way - glad I dont have to go through with this every year. $$$

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan david For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (11-24-2018)

Blog Entries
    Thursday - Lord we are thankful for all you have done and given to us in this free country. We are blessed with much abundance.

Black Friday - Get out of my way bozo and take your hands off MY TV or I'm going to flatten you

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

curly sue (11-25-2018), FireBrand (11-24-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Thursday - Lord we are thankful for all you have done and given to us in this free country. We are blessed with much abundance.

Black Friday - Get out of my way bozo and take your hands off MY TV or I'm going to flatten you

Not in Canada! Thanksgiving was Oct.8 - always the second Monday in October and extra early this year with the way the days fell... anyhow, I had a huge break between being thankful and going out to shop.

Black Friday never used to be a thing up here but the last few years retailers were realizing they were missing out... whole busloads of ppl were going down to the US to shop black Friday... one of our pastors would even take the church bus down to the nearest US city (something like a 16 hour drive) to shop black Friday. Dumb or what. So now Black Friday has turned into a week... with PRE Black Friday sales starting Monday or Tuesday and going through to Sunday. Sure gets people shopping early for Christmas. Well, early by my standards!

...and oh, ya, don't forget Cyber Monday.

Canada Post has been on rotating strikes for about 5 weeks. I've heard on the news that there are over 400 truckloads of parcels backed up because of the strikes and it's probably a whole lot more by now. Which is going to make for a REALLY bad Cyber Monday unless ppl can get the option of a courier service for delivery.

I have some Amazon orders out there in Canada Post Never Land... luckily none of it is Christmas gifts.

Blog Entries

Black Friday never used to be a thing up here but the last few years retailers were realizing they were missing out...

It's made its way down to us and we don't celebrate Thanksgiving
    Anything for a buck

I saw advertising for Black Friday and didn't associate it with American Thanksgiving post sales until recently
    We call Friday 13 a Black Friday so I just assumed it had something to do with that but there was no Friday 13 this November

Its confusing

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

A.J. (11-25-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    It's made its way down to us and we don't celebrate Thanksgiving
    Anything for a buck

I saw advertising for Black Friday and didn't associate it with American Thanksgiving post sales until recently
    We call Friday 13 a Black Friday so I just assumed it had something to do with that but there was no Friday 13 this November

Its confusing
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_bushfires

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Cardinal TT (11-25-2018)

Blog Entries
    Friday 13 - Black Friday

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar

Black Friday never used to be a thing up here but the last few years retailers were realizing they were missing out... whole busloads of ppl were going down to the US to shop black Friday... one of our pastors would even take the church bus down to the nearest US city (something like a 16 hour drive) to shop black Friday. Dumb or what.

Yeah, I remember that from living in Buffalo. The Canadians would come down to shop and not wanting to declare their purchases to customs on their way back through the border would jettison their old clothing in the parking lots. You could drive by a mall on any Monday morning and the parking lot would be strewn with old sneakers, jackets, etc.