Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Stuff

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar

Free Stuff

Found on the curb..

Free Stuff-free-tv-jpg

LG 55'' Class Cinema 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV

WITH REMOTE.

Anybody else find nice things on the curb?

Blog Entries
    I have a 55" Samsung Smart TV - but I had to pay for it

Nice find

What a great find! Is it free of bed bugs????

Quote Originally Posted by curly sue View Post
    What a great find! Is it free of bed bugs????
    Bed bugs like beds, they park near food source (blood). But no, no bed bugs.

I'm more concerned about this guy ....

The clip shows a Houston logo but that happened here, I've seen the guy around.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Found on the curb..

Free Stuff-free-tv-jpg

LG 55'' Class Cinema 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV

WITH REMOTE.

Anybody else find nice things on the curb?
    Seriously? - Is this a joke? - You literally "found" this on a curb?!

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    Seriously? - Is this a joke? - You literally "found" this on a curb?!
    No, No joke.

You'd be surprised at what people throw away. I've always been like "who in the heck would want a 55 inch TV", it never occurred to me to buy one so when I saw it I figured it was probably broken but threw it in the van anyway. Plugged it in and bam..

I posted because I was wondering if anyone browsed the curbs.

Wow, Brother, what a blessed find!

I don't do "Curb Browsing" - I used to love Yard Sales, but I have pretty much everything I need now, and I'm just not interested in random shopping these days - Maybe it's an age thing, but it's just not "fun" any more.

You'd be surprised at what people throw away. I've always been like "who in the heck would want a 55 inch TV", it never occurred to me to buy one so when I saw it I figured it was probably broken but threw it in the van anyway. Plugged it in and bam..

I posted because I was wondering if anyone browsed the curbs.
    Raises hand...I do!

Nice score! I've seen them on curbs on occasion but always passed cuz I figured they had to be broken. But me and my friend will sometimes hook up on a garbage night and have some fun checking out the potential treasures.

As you say, its amazing what some people throw out! We actually had a couple of really big hauls last year that included 3 working laptops, large bronze doves, loads of video games, vintage toys and dolls, blow molds, and a whole lot more including lots of things that were still unopened in their original packages...like would you believe a vintage Gameboy still new in the box??

There are a few youtube channels I follow to learn more about things that I didn't know were valuable. The first lady usually deals in vintage items, the second one has a big ebay store and deals with old and new...here's a couple samples of their videos:

Raises hand...I do!

Nice score! I've seen them on curbs on occasion but always passed cuz I figured they had to be broken. But me and my friend will sometimes hook up on a garbage night and have some fun checking out the potential treasures.

As you say, its amazing what some people throw out! We actually had a couple of really big hauls last year that included 3 working laptops, large bronze doves, loads of video games, vintage toys and dolls, blow molds, and a whole lot more including lots of things that were still unopened in their original packages...like would you believe a vintage Gameboy still new in the box??
    wow. Nice score! I think I got the bug for it from my mom, I remember being little and she'd be driving around in the station wagon and every so often she'd stop and say "honey, can you go grab that?". lol I don't do it very often but when I do, I usually find some nice stuff. Vintage electronics, antique furniture, tools, building supplies galore, I'm sure you could build a house with stuff that gets tossed out. If you are a little handy most broken stuff can be fixed with small effort, people just throw things away now if it has a loose screw or some minor flaw.

I'm sure the next few weeks will be all the plywood you need due to the hurricane, they buy it, board up, take it down and throw it on the curb when the storm passes. Some things just don't belong in the dump.

I know a fairly prominent attorney who goes pickin in his luxury car, thrill of the hunt I suppose.

I know a fairly prominent attorney who goes pickin in his luxury car, thrill of the hunt I suppose.
    Lol...a few years ago I was out with another friend who owned a car repair shop and they would on occassion buy vehicles at auctions to repair and flip.

We were out and about testing one when she spotted a yard sale and stopped. Its hard to try to bargain when you pull up in a red corvette.