Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letters To The Church

Letters To The Church

By Francis Chan

A very fresh and real book about doing church, biblically. Chan begins with his journey of his first church which he started in his home and grew to megachurch in size. Then he left that church because he had trouble reconciling what his church had become. Those that recall his stepping away circa 2009-10, will also recall the shockwaves it sent through Driscoll and others at their roundtable fellowship and discussions.

This book is for those that have walked away from "institutional church" and for people like me on the adventurous path of planting a church in a village without a church presence.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    By Francis Chan

A very fresh and real book about doing church, biblically. Chan begins with his journey of his first church which he started in his home and grew to megachurch in size. Then he left that church because he had trouble reconciling what his church had become. Those that recall his stepping away circa 2009-10, will also recall the shockwaves it sent through Driscoll and others at their roundtable fellowship and discussions.

This book is for those that have walked away from “institutional church” and for people like me on the adventurous path of planting a church in a village without a church presence.
    I love to hear his speak. He's even spoken at Mike Bickle's One Thing conference. I'd love to run across him and get him baptized in the Holy Spirit. :)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I love to hear his speak. He's even spoken at Mike Bickle's One Thing conference. I'd love to run across him and get him baptized in the Holy Spirit. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    He is making the Baptism unnecessarily difficult. Once you “get it”, it’s much easier to understand.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

fuego (07-10-2019)

Blog Entries
    Haven't listened to it yet but I've heard him speak on it before. He says he doesn't speak in tongues, 'but'... That's why I would like to meet him and 'deepen' his understanding. :)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019)

It seems he changed his views on tongues by 2018 :

https://azusareport.com/francis-chan-tongues/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    By Francis Chan

This book is for those that have walked away from “institutional church” and for people like me on the adventurous path of planting a church in a village without a church presence.
    I guess I haven't been around enough. You aren't pastoring the chapel anymore? And which village? Inquiring brothers want to know!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    It seems he changed his views on tongues by 2018 :

https://azusareport.com/francis-chan-tongues/
    Yeah, I've seen that before. Like a lot of people he doesn't seem to know how to receive. Only that 'God will give it to him' if He wants him to have it. I'm not sure he's said that exactly, but that's how a lot of people think that don't speak in tongues.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Yeah, I've seen that before. Like a lot of people he doesn't seem to know how to receive. Only that 'God will give it to him' if He wants him to have it. I'm not sure he's said that exactly, but that's how a lot of people think that don't speak in tongues.
    I received the HSB then spoke in tongues only months later. I did of course have the ability to speak in tongues from the beginning but I didn't realize that. The HSB had a definite and immediate impact on my life and my bible reading though, and way before I spoke in tongues. So maybe you could coach him on releasing his tongues, maybe that is what he needs.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    I guess I haven't been around enough. You aren't pastoring the chapel anymore? And which village? Inquiring brothers want to know!
    Left Stuts on Palm Sunday. We set our sights on Pellston. There is only a dying RCC there. Otherwise, there is no church presence in the village. The village council and board of education (met and introduced our church to both) are very welcoming and excited to have a church coming to town. The door is wide open for us.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019)