Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sin Opens the Door to Satan and Sickness

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GodismyJudge For This Useful Post:

victoryword (09-01-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by tschau View Post
    8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”
    When God thinks so good about Job, I can not blame him for anything. Ok, Job was not like Jesus, but neither me nor you nor anybody else is
    like Jesus.
    That happened in chapter 1. Then Job was afflicted, changed his attitude and said a lot of things. Elihu and then God himself spend ten chapters rebuking him, from 32-41. Elihu is the only one who wasn't rebuked by God so we know that his words are true.

One thing that didn't change during Job's affliction was his lacking knowledge about God, which is one of the things that he was rebuked for. Nor does God's statement about him in chapter 1 imply that Job had a living relationship with Him, something that Elihu addresses in chapter 35.

After having been rebuked by Elihu and then God, Job repents :

Job 42:1 Then Job answered the Lord and said:
    2 “I know that You can do everything,
    And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.
    3 You asked, ‘Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?’
    Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
    Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
    4 Listen, please, and let me speak;
    You said, ‘I will question you, and you shall answer Me.’
    5 “I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear,
    But now my eye sees You.
    6 Therefore I abhor myself,
    And repent in dust and ashes.”

Job had gained knowledge from listening to Elihu and God and also a relation to God from seeing Him. Only after repenting was Job restored.

I am so glad that the Lord blesses me not according to my faithfullness but rather according to his faithfullness.
    And I lack greatly knowing God. He loves and protects me anyway.
    In no way I have done anything to "deserve" blessings, and yet I am blessed.