Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When You Need a Miracle

When You Need a Miracle

Hey all, my next book is for people who need a miracle in their lives. I'm about halfway through and want to make sure I'm covering all the bases. In one or two sentences, what aspect of receiving a miracle would you tell a person? For example, I've covered stuff like waiting, having faith, trusting the Father heart of God, checking our motives, asking others to pray with us, resisting the enemy, living in God's presence, not allowing doubt to creep in...and a lot more. I'm sort of running low on ideas. Any suggestions that I can turn into material for the book will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Healing as part of the atonement and faith for healing accordingly. God being willing to cooperate with medical science and their fundamentally being his servants.

Blog Entries
    Have them read "There Is A Miracle In Your Mouth" by John Osteen. Tell them to do this at the end of the book so they will have already read what you had to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Healing as part of the atonement and faith for healing accordingly. God being willing to cooperate with medical science and their fundamentally being his servants.
    It's not just for people who need a physical healing. It's for people who need any sort of miracle: relational, financial, job provision, prodigal child, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Have them read "There Is A Miracle In Your Mouth" by John Osteen. Tell them to do this at the end of the book so they will have already read what you had to say.
    Ah, but I want them to experience much the same thing from MY book. (However, I do already have a recommendation to read other books that are faith-building).

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    It's not just for people who need a physical healing. It's for people who need any sort of miracle: relational, financial, job provision, prodigal child, and more.
    Mention the atonement and how every promise has received its yes and amen in Christ. There are promises for all of that in the Old Testament, plus some in the New Testament. Faith in the atonement, the finished work, is the best kind of faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Mention the atonement and how every promise has received its yes and amen in Christ. There are promises for all of that in the Old Testament, plus some in the New Testament. Faith in the atonement, the finished work, is the best kind of faith.
    I've covered that pretty well. In fact, I just spent time on the promises of God and our need to build our life on them. But keep the ideas coming.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    having faith...
    Do you explain what that means? Finding scripture to apply to their situation, specific and general. For instance Mark 11:23,24 are what I call 'umbrella' verses. They are speaking of a general principle of speaking and prayer that can apply to any situation. So they can be used for anything that the Bible promises. Of course specific scripture would be applying a scripture like "by His stripes you were healed" to physical healing.

Philippine 4:6-8 are good scriptures to pull from in receiving a miracle. Prayer and supplication with thanksgiving. Thanksgiving for what? For the answer to what they prayed and supplicated about. Then keeping negative thoughts out by thinking on the good things of God. Not thinking on what's wrong but thinking on the answer. The prayer and supplication with thanksgiving gives them the peace to be able to do that according to the passage.

Meditation the scriptures they are standing on by speaking them over themselves. All this also falls under 'resisting the enemy' that you mentioned and also not allowing doubt to creep in. In other words, 'have faith', 'resisting the enemy, living in God's presence, not allowing doubt to creep in", how do I specifically do that? That's what I am addressing.

I'm not saying you haven't done that, just a suggestion in case your instruction is more general as opposed to more specific. "Have faith" as opposed to telling them that and actually how to do that.

James 1 also comes to mind. This could be broken down:

2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

So exercise the joy of the Lord when believing for a miracle.

Be patient, knowing that if you do it will help result in the answer.

Ask God for wisdom about the situation. He will give it to you liberally.

Ask in faith and don't waver. Doing that is done by a lot of what I said above.

Once you ask don't be double minded and waver about what you asked. Do the stuff I said above to help that.

Anyway, you're the writer. You know how to expand on all that. That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Thanks Fuego. I think I can go more into "asking for wisdom." I do talk about the joy of the Lord being our strength. Not wavering is covered. I'm big on patience. I do need to add about meditating on Scripture. That's a good suggestion. Right now I have much on believing Scripture, particularly the promises, but nothing about meditating on them. I've done thanksgiving.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bookman For This Useful Post:

Femme* (07-27-2018)

God's goodness as a fundamental. The possibility of having one's prayers hindered by living in sin (the specific example mentioned is men mistreating their wives).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Bookman (07-26-2018)