Thread: Answers to Prayer

Blog Entries

Answers to Prayer

One of the privileges of being a believer is knowing you can go to the Father and ask requests in different areas of life.
    We are extra privileged in that he answers and it is a joy when these prayers come to pass.

We needed to sell my mother in laws house so she can live permanently in a retirement home.
    She was already living in the retirement home but was paying extra in fees and needed the money from the sale of her house.

Yesterday a lady signed to buy her home and she has the total cash and wants a quick settlement. She only asked for a $4000 reduction and we were prepared to drop $30000 as the current housing market is horrendous and the worst in 25 years.

We had been praying for 2-3 months and things were quiet.

Last week in prayer I had an encounter where I saw a hand signing a piece of paper and the words in my spirit came ....'I have signed and authorised the sale of the house'.

So my prayer went from petition to thanksgiving

8 days later it came to pass

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

curly sue (07-26-2018), fuego (07-26-2018), HEAVEN (07-26-2018), Lindaeverchanging (08-12-2018), Quest (07-26-2018), sojourner (07-26-2018), Susan (07-26-2018)

That was the theme of the last sermon at church, the power of thanksgiving.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Cardinal TT (07-26-2018), Quest (07-26-2018)

Awesome testimony!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

Cardinal TT (07-26-2018)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    That was the theme of the last sermon at church, the power of thanksgiving.
    Yes there is power in a thanksgiving attitude which changes us internally to see things differently.
    We go from negative to positive mindset as well as breaking the victim and entitled mentality

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Quest (07-26-2018)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Yes there is power in a thanksgiving attitude which changes us internally to see things differently.
    We go from negative to positive mindset as well as breaking the victim and entitled mentality
    Thankfulness is an expression/decision of a grateful heart...

I recall a time when I sang 'Give thanks with a grateful heart' almost continually through a trial....the chains of fear and doubt and even applying expectations and demands left....the laying aside of expectations was important because He kept reminding me I can't even fathom His glorious will and provision and to set my own expectations could and likely were setting a limit on HIM....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

Cardinal TT (07-26-2018)

Blog Entries
    Philippians 4:5-7 Let your gentleness be apparent to all. The Lord is near. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.…

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Thankfulness is an expression/decision of a grateful heart...

I recall a time when I sang 'Give thanks with a grateful heart' almost continually through a trial....the chains of fear and doubt and even applying expectations and demands left....the laying aside of expectations was important because He kept reminding me I can't even phantom is glorious will and provision and to set my own expectations could and likely were setting a limit on HIM....
    You meant "fathom His glorious will" ?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Quest (07-26-2018)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    You meant "fathom His glorious will" ?
    LOL...kind of like those memes that circulate on FB...can you read this? Glad all here know what I meant...made the correction though.