Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ken Ham Calls Andy Stanley a 'False Teacher'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    That was one of the complaints I have heard the past couple of years. I think folks have too many things on their Sunday agenda than "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day". Folks want micro-wave church. Even when there would be a powerful move of the Spirit there would be complainers that the service was too long.
    Just think, when the Brownsville Revival hit, and it was the real deal, they lost a lot of people that just didn't want it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Jonathan david (10-20-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Just think, when the Brownsville Revival hit, and it was the real deal, they lost a lot of people that just didn't want it.
    Yes. Even Jesus had many walk away when He got down to the real truth of His body and blood. Many. Jesus lost many.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

fuego (10-19-2018), Quest (01-16-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Yes. Even Jesus had many walk away when He got down to the real truth of His body and blood. Many. Jesus lost many.
    Yep. And we have to remember there were only 120 in the upper room after approximately 500 saw Him go up into heave.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (10-19-2018), Jonathan david (10-20-2018), Quest (01-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Yep. And we have to remember there were only 120 in the upper room after approximately 500 saw Him go up into heave.
    As soon as He was gone up, they went astray. Sure didnt take long.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Jonathan david (10-20-2018), Quest (01-16-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    That was one of the complaints I have heard the past couple of years. I think folks have too many things on their Sunday agenda than "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day". Folks want micro-wave church. Even when there would be a powerful move of the Spirit there would be complainers that the service was too long.
    Maybe this is an example of a micro-church service.

If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smitty For This Useful Post:

curly sue (10-21-2018), Ezekiel 33 (01-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Maybe this is an example of a micro-church service.

There ya go!

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    North Point Community Church Senior Pastor Andy Stanley has responded to critics of a recent sermon he preached, explaining that those concerned with his comments need to understand the context of his remarks.

"I approach a message series like a single sermon. I don't try to cover everything in 35 minutes. I'm not that good," Stanley said in an interview with Relevant Magazine published Tuesday.

"So, if you want to criticize my approach to preaching, fine. I would love to talk about that. But don't criticize a statement in a sermon if you aren't willing to spend the time necessary to appreciate the context." Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate

Stanley explained that critics needed to better understand the context of his comments, noting that people "who listened to all three parts of the series probably understood the point I was making."

https://www.christianpost.com/amp/an...ontext-224060/

This part bothers me:
    Explaining his ministry mission, he stressed, "Like James, Peter and Paul, I want to remove every unnecessary obstacle to faith in Jesus."
    why this part disturbs you?
    I do not see where the disturbance is in this part
    Last edited by rossi; 01-13-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Andy Stanley explains further what he meant by his statement on "decoupling from the OT". This is what fairminded discovery is all about. We cant just go by phraseology and sound bites.

Last edited by Jonathan david; 01-11-2019 at 09:48 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan david For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (01-15-2019)

I can't, really I just can't, figure out why anyone gives this guy any creedence.

Every week we see some other step away from the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    I can't, really I just can't, figure out why anyone gives this guy any creedence.

Every week we see some other step away from the Gospel.
    So what are your specific objections? He could have had another straight up Baptist church like his father, but he has chosen a different approach to reach those who are not affected by the standard presuppositions and approach.