Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strength Training Can Relieve Depression - Dr Mercola

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    As an aside. I was standing in line at the security check at Orlando airport yesterday and there was an unusual number of enormous people standing in front of me. To my right there was an Arabian looking guy who was around 6'6". In front of me there were two white dudes, one was about 6'7" and looked like he weighed about 500 pounds. To his right was another guy who was about the same height and had the largest upper body that I have ever seen. Meaning he had extremely short legs and extremely wide shoulders, not that his muscles were unusually large. Somewhere in front of those two was a woman who was about 6'9" and somewhere in front of her a guy who was close to 7'. For a moment I felt dwarfed in my 6'2" frame. Not what I had expected after reading that the average American male is about 5'9".

Nephilim do exist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

curly sue (12-25-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    So you don't do wrestling anymore, just mountain biking ?

I went to Planetfitness in Florida a couple of times during the previous week. There were lots of big, strong 300 pound guys there. They seemed to think that I seemed fairly weak until I started doing bodyweight exercises and then they seemed to decide that I was pretty strong for a flyweight. Just my impressions in a "new" country. Dips, pullups and single leg squats are pretty easy to do for me and I weigh under 200 pounds.

As an aside. I was standing in line at the security check at Orlando airport yesterday and there was an unusual number of enormous people standing in front of me. To my right there was an Arabian looking guy who was around 6'6". In front of me there were two white dudes, one was about 6'7" and looked like he weighed about 500 pounds. To his right was another guy who was about the same height and had the largest upper body that I have ever seen. Meaning he had extremely short legs and extremely wide shoulders, not that his muscles were unusually large. Somewhere in front of those two was a woman who was about 6'9" and somewhere in front of her a guy who was close to 7'. For a moment I felt dwarfed in my 6'2" frame. Not what I had expected after reading that the average American male is about 5'9".
    No more wrestling but did enjoy those coaching years. Being winter, I'll toss in a few weight training sessions with riding a mountain bike in the snow. Springtime it will be assisting the varsity baseball team. At 61, I have to work at it or everything goes away quickly. I still have some benefits from earlier years powerlifting. Cycling just fits and is as tough as I want to make it or should I say easy as I want to make it.

Good grief, were you in the midst of giants?? But then, at 5'9 I feel short wherever I go.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    No more wrestling but did enjoy those coaching years. Being winter, I'll toss in a few weight training sessions with riding a mountain bike in the snow. Springtime it will be assisting the varsity baseball team. At 61, I have to work at it or everything goes away quickly. I still have some benefits from earlier years powerlifting. Cycling just fits and is as tough as I want to make it or should I say easy as I want to make it.

Good grief, were you in the midst of giants?? But then, at 5'9 I feel short wherever I go.
    Aha so you still lift weights occasionally. There's an ex-powerlifter at work who's 50+ and has gotten much thinner than he was after he took up jogging instead. But he's still quite strong and obviously still lifts weights, he just doesn't put in the hours.

The 7' guy looked quite normal actually, just unusually tall. Which isn't much fun when one's environment doesn't fit one that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Nephilim do exist
    Yeah, the taller they are the more evil they are. Rule of the thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Nephilim do exist
    Yeah but we have these guys:
    Strength Training Can Relieve Depression - Dr Mercola-8b42a861-9ed6-4a7c-8109-6bb3672e86de-jpeg