Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving it Back to Johnny Mac

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Curious (if you please) did that church succeed in going the spirit-filled direction?
    I plan to find out.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonathan david For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (04-19-2018), FireBrand (04-19-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by victoryword View Post
    Rod is a very good online friend of mine. We have spent time together on the Christianforums.com forum. He does an excellent job with WoF apologetics.

When people kept asking me to put my WoF apologetics site back up I began asking God to raise someone else to fill that void so that I can concentrate on pastoring, teaching and other ministry areas. It seems that God answerd that with Rod and he is doing a way better job than I could have. I am relieved and jealous at the same time
    So you passed the "Defender of the Faith" baton from WOF for other stuff like Open Theology.

BTW, reading through Openness of God by Pinnock. Very intriguing and has some fresh and compelling viewpoints.
    Last edited by Jonathan david; 04-19-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan david View Post
    So you passed the "Defender of the Faith" baton from WOF for other stuff like Open Theology.
    LOL. I will stamp that question with a big NOPE!

I "passed the baton" to mostly to concentrate on more PASTORAL practical teaching and my THEODICY ministry (Vindicating God Ministries), which may include a mixture of the insights gained from WoF and Open Theism. It is from WoF that I learned what a good God we have and how He desires to deliver, provide and heal and that He is not responsible for the death and evil in this world. To me, WoF provides the best insights on these subjects even if some of its adherents go overboard in some areas.

Open theism fills gaps and removes some of the contradictions that might come up in a WoF hermeneutic, but it certainly is not my PRIMARY focus. Furthermore, many of the adherents to Open Theism would certainly not want to be associated with the faith movement. But I remain WoF all the way.

I just simply don't want to spend the time doing apologetics for it as I have done in the past. Besides, if someone out there like Rod does it better than me (and obviously he does) then I believe that we are all the better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan david View Post
    BTW, reading through Openness of God by Pinnock. Very intriguing and has some fresh and compelling viewpoints.
    An interesting book though I haven't read it in years. The best one on the subject, though often hard to find since it is out of print, is "Did God Know" by H. Roy Elseth.
    Christ's Victory Bible Teaching Center
    Web site: http://www.cvbibleteachingcenter.org

Vindicating God Ministries
    (A Unique New Bible Teaching Ministry)
    Web site: http://www.vindicatinggod.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vindicatinggod
    Gab: https://gab.com/victoriousword
    Minds: https://www.minds.com/victoriousword/
    MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/troyedwards15

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to victoryword For This Useful Post:

Ari (04-27-2018), Ezekiel 33 (04-19-2018), Jonathan david (04-20-2018)

Just joined the forum after learning about it from Troy. Thanks for the support, guys.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jew and Greek For This Useful Post:

Ari (04-27-2018), Ezekiel 33 (04-20-2018), Quest (04-20-2018)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jew and Greek View Post
    Just joined the forum after learning about it from Troy. Thanks for the support, guys.
    Welcome

What does your name represent?

Thanks. It's from numerous passages in the NT where Paul categorized all men as Jews and Greeks (or Gentiles). We're all one through faith in Jesus Christ. In addition to that, I deal with philosophy and theology on my blog. The theology of the Western world came from the Jews, and the biggest philosophical influences were from the Greeks.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jew and Greek For This Useful Post:

Cardinal TT (04-20-2018), Ezekiel 33 (04-20-2018), Jonathan david (04-20-2018), Quest (04-20-2018)

Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Welcome aboard!

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    "Giving it Back to Johnny Mac"

Sounds like a Country and Western Song.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (04-20-2018), FireBrand (04-20-2018), Jonathan david (04-20-2018)

Hey, Rod,
    Look forward to having you hang out with us. Your background will definitely add an interesting perspective!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan david For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (04-20-2018)