Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 364

Thread: Life At The Lakehouse

  1. #311
    Found this on the trailcam card this morning. He shows noteable early season antler growth. Glad I moved the camera. Late summer I will move it to the trails near my stand.

    Life At The Lakehouse-52345480-3a4c-454f-b727-337103250801-jpg

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (07-19-2019), fuego (06-14-2019)

  3. #312
    Watched our resident juvie eagle devour a snapping turtle last evening. Not much of it left for pickins.
    Life At The Lakehouse-317bdc3f-fcf0-4b90-9469-a201da797e4a-jpg

    Life At The Lakehouse-f10541e0-69e4-4c97-a1fd-8961ca157ff6-jpg

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (07-19-2019)

  5. #313
    Here is a bigger one at the creek tonight...
    Life At The Lakehouse-a23a57fe-026c-4ba8-9926-528a54695c9c-jpg

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (07-19-2019)

  7. #314
    Check out this deformed doe. First noticed it as a 1 1/2yr coming to the front yard. It appeared jacked up in the back, the front legs were a bit short as it seemed. Real or not, I knicknamed it Hotrod.
    Hotrod is now full grown and yes, a bit short in the front. Nature’s oddities.

    Life At The Lakehouse-0a8d391b-b5e8-49df-980c-fa0cd723197e-jpg

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (07-19-2019)

  9. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Check out this deformed doe. First noticed it as a 1 1/2yr coming to the front yard. It appeared jacked up in the back, the front legs were a bit short as it seemed. Real or not, I knicknamed it Hotrod.
    Hotrod is now full grown and yes, a bit short in the front. Nature’s oddities.

    Life At The Lakehouse-0a8d391b-b5e8-49df-980c-fa0cd723197e-jpg


    Wonder what it tastes like

  10. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Wonder what it tastes like
    I’ve eaten some of the family members, they are tasty.

    Funny thing, I’d felt sorry for this when it was small because it was deformed, the others ate first and shoved it away until they had their fill. It would stay off to the side hoping. I didnt think it would survive. Two hunting seasons later it is alive and I have eaten some of those that bullied it.

  11. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Ilater it is alive and I have eaten some of those that bullied it.

    You have acted justly

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (07-19-2019)

  13. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    You have acted justly
    Yes it seems

  14. #319
    This is the first pic of the fawn. There have been photo sequences of the mom where she was looking behind her or off in the brush making it obvious the fawn was hiding in cover. Here is the little one:
    Life At The Lakehouse-4c3fbbe2-a5c1-4e1f-b430-884f6d6ea089-jpg

    And the nesting female spotted sandpiper posing while I'm imposing.
    Life At The Lakehouse-81b5cb4f-c61f-4cf1-8149-17798f51cca8-jpg

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (07-19-2019)

  16. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Check out this deformed doe. First noticed it as a 1 1/2yr coming to the front yard. It appeared jacked up in the back, the front legs were a bit short as it seemed. Real or not, I knicknamed it Hotrod.
    Hotrod is now full grown and yes, a bit short in the front. Nature's oddities.

    Life At The Lakehouse-0a8d391b-b5e8-49df-980c-fa0cd723197e-jpg
    Is this the same deer?

    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    This is the first pic of the fawn. There have been photo sequences of the mom where she was looking behind her or off in the brush making it obvious the fawn was hiding in cover. Here is the little one:
    Life At The Lakehouse-4c3fbbe2-a5c1-4e1f-b430-884f6d6ea089-jpg
    Cuz if it is she not only survived, she thrived.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (07-19-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Be prepared for breakdowns with an extended service plan for your Honda. Plans are available for Honda models including the Honda Civic.