Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Life At The Lakehouse

We have many unshared trailcam photos of resident cougars here but few post them on the open internet because of the ridicule of DNR shills (officers implanted in forums). One of the hunters showed me his visiting cougar at the baitpile.

This pic taken in October just south of Charlevoix. We have them amongs us (I too have had close encounters).

Life At The Lakehouse-4c0af969-fcba-47e6-9fd2-ed29f11b86d2-jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (12-13-2018), fuego (12-13-2018)

Went to pull the sd card from the new trailcam in back of garage and lit up up the coyotes with challenge calls. There are few things that wrile up and locate coyotes like the new kid on the block.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Went to pull the sd card from the new trailcam in back of garage and lit up up the coyotes with challenge calls. There are few things that wrile up and locate coyotes like the new kid on the block.
    Interpretation please. :)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (12-16-2018)

Blog Entries
    By the way, saw 4 does run across the street in front of us on a back road on the way to church today.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (12-16-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Interpretation please. :)
    I must have been in a hurry. Just out back of the garage there is a deer carcass for the purpose of getting pics of the area predators with a trailcam I hung nearby on a post. There is a chip (sd card) that I pop out and take inside to see what’s recorded from the night before. While out there, a pack of 6-8 coyotes lit up with howls. I mimic a challenge howl good enough to fool them now and then. This was the first time having them so close in the daylight. They may have come in after the deer carcass. Little gangsters. Maybe I can post a pic later.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    I must have been in a hurry. Just out back of the garage there is a deer carcass for the purpose of getting pics of the area predators with a trailcam I hung nearby on a post. There is a chip (sd card) that I pop out and take inside to see what’s recorded from the night before. While out there, a pack of 6-8 coyotes lit up with howls. I mimic a challenge howl good enough to fool them now and then. This was the first time having them so close in the daylight. They may have come in after the deer carcass. Little gangsters. Maybe I can post a pic later.
    Thanks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (12-16-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Thanks.

********Warning, graphic images that may offend you**********

Just about 200yds down the country lane to the dead end off into the swamp I found this recent kill. It’s a this year’s fawn that wont be seeing spring. I followed a lone set of large dog-like tracks into the swamp to find it. We have many predators here, large and small.

Life At The Lakehouse-b32c7a40-fc31-4969-96fe-7cc8f9811218-jpg

One of the herd checking in to say good morning...

Life At The Lakehouse-e5208fe1-e543-45f0-98d5-c73bdae77d93-jpg