Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlton Pearson--"Come Sunday" on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    The furthest I drove was 30-40 minutes to the East side of Detroit from Inkster. I did that twice a week for several years. But I don’t know if I would’ve driven longer than 45-50 minutes.
    A few years ago I was taking the Detroit-Windsor tunnel to go to a church. I liked the church but that wasn't where God wanted me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (04-12-2018)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    A few years ago I was taking the Detroit-Windsor tunnel to go to a church. I liked the church but that wasn't where God wanted me.
    Ugh! I can't stand the tunnel, but it's funny that's the way I travel to Windsor whenever I go there! lol

I think Jesus would have to literally appear to me to get me to drive through that thing every week.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (04-12-2018)

Blog Entries
    I want to see it. I was a fan of Carlton’s at one time. I use to attend Azusa. I really miss that era. Like Andre Crouch, Carlton had a unique way of bringing many streams and races together in a wonderful way. It still boggles my mind as to the direction he took. From pastors I’ve talked to, the root is bitterness. He got hurt along the way and this led to disillusionment.

I don’t have Netflix. I wonder if it will ever be on YouTube later on? Or some other outlet?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pentecali For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (04-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecali View Post
    ...I was a fan of Carlton’s at one time - I really miss that era - Like Andre Crouch, Carlton had a unique way of bringing many streams and races together in a wonderful way...
    Yep! - I was a fan of his too, back in the day - Even though I thought he was a bit egotistic, the man could sho nuff preach

... Was really happy when he (finally) got married, but disappointed to learn that she wasn't a "Believer" in the true sense of the word - Also, I wonder if he had some type of nervous breakdown that caused him to go off the rails?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (04-12-2018), Pentecali (04-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    Yep! - I was a fan of his too, back in the day - Even though I thought he was a bit egotistic, the man could sho nuff preach

... Was really happy when he (finally) got married, but disappointed to learn that she wasn't a "Believer" in the true sense of the word - Also, I wonder if he had some type of nervous breakdown that caused him to go off the rails?
    I don't know personally, but I heard some things going back to his childhood and perhaps teen years might have contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post

Catchy and I talked about this a lot..basically the "house prophet" of Carlton's church had prophesied over Gina in a meeting she went to down in La, where she's from--that she would meet her husband. Then a while later (and I do believe this was all orchestrated behind the scenes, with a lot of "players" involved) Carlton and Gina met.

There was concern that Carlton, with his high visibility and influence, was not married as he approached turning forty years old. There could have been certain reasons why this was the case, but it was what it was.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (04-12-2018)

Also, I wonder if he had some type of nervous breakdown that caused him to go off the rails?
    I was told he heard a voice. The voice began talking to him about certain things like the Salvation of his grandparents and starving people overseas who never heard the Gospel and so on.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (04-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecali View Post
    I want to see it. I was a fan of Carlton’s at one time. I use to attend Azusa. I really miss that era. Like Andre Crouch, Carlton had a unique way of bringing many streams and races together in a wonderful way. It still boggles my mind as to the direction he took. From pastors I’ve talked to, the root is bitterness. He got hurt along the way and this led to disillusionment.

I don’t have Netflix. I wonder if it will ever be on YouTube later on? Or some other outlet?
    I miss those days when Carlton was living with vision and clarity, the days when hearing him on the radio wherever I was, the anointing on him pulled me into the presence of God. Yeah, I miss him.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Pentecali (04-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    I was told he heard a voice. The voice began talking to him about certain things like the Salvation of his grandparents and starving people overseas who never heard the Gospel and so on.
    When he was holding his newborn daughter (this was around 1996), watching the news and seeing the starving and devastation in Africa, he claimed he heard a voice ask, 'are all these people going to hell?" Just because either they never heard the Gospel or chose not to accept Jesus if they did hear it..But he also claimed he had some doubts while at ORU. He learned that he could twist (my word) the Bible to either argue for or against Christ, depending who his audience was. He was very good at using the Hebrew and Greek to "amplify" Scripture.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (04-14-2018)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    Catchy and I talked about this a lot..basically the "house prophet" of Carlton's church had prophesied over Gina in a meeting she went to down in La, where she's from--that she would meet her husband. Then a while later (and I do believe this was all orchestrated behind the scenes, with a lot of "players" involved) Carlton and Gina met.

There was concern that Carlton, with his high visibility and influence, was not married as he approached turning forty years old. There could have been certain reasons why this was the case, but it was what it was.
    I think I remember her.. her name started with a V? .. I can't remember what it is though ... Did she go off too?