Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing with holy fire

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Actually the book speaks to cessationists as well if I read the forward correctly
    Well, ... that wouldn't speak to me, ... I'm NOT a cessationist.....

Actually, I believe in all of the "Grace Gifts," ... manifestations of the Holy Ghost!!!
    .. I just don't like some of the flaky things done in the name of the Holy Spirit.
    I do like Dr Brown and most of his materials. I expect to pick up his new book at some time.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ari For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (04-10-2018), Quest (04-09-2018)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Well, ... that wouldn't speak to me, ... I'm NOT a cessationist.....

Actually, I believe in all of the "Grace Gifts," ... manifestations of the Holy Ghost!!!
    .. I just don't like some of the flaky things done in the name of the Holy Spirit.
    I do like Dr Brown and most of his materials. I expect to pick up his new book at some time.
    I thought you did....so yep...as a FULL GOSPEL BAPTIST it will speak to you...

I wonder how many sick folks Dr. Brown has laid hands on and seen them healed or how many he’s led to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit? Or is he simply a “watcher on the wall” of the brethren and the Church? Seems he has a lot of criticism for the Church, Charismatics in particular. I’m just wondering what his role is in correcting the things he sees wrong with the Church? Hopefully he’s interceding for the body of Christ as a whole. ��
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    I wonder how many sick folks Dr. Brown has laid hands on and seen them healed or how many he’s led to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit? Or is he simply a “watcher on the wall” of the brethren and the Church? Seems he has a lot of criticism for the Church, Charismatics in particular. I’m just wondering what his role is in correcting the things he sees wrong with the Church? Hopefully he’s interceding for the body of Christ as a whole. ��
    He was one of the leaders of the Brownesville revival and of their Bible school which graduated some big names including Daniel Kolenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    Just finished Dr. Michael Brown's new book, Playing with Holy Fire. It is great! I read it in 2 days, something I have not done with a book in years.

I would highly recommend this book to all of you.
    The book has a good flow, maybe too good. I feel like I'm listening to an endless radio show. I've only read a couple of chapters though.

He has seen many sick healed, and many filled with the Holy Spirit. He was one of the leaders of the Brownsville revival. The forward in his book is written by Randy Clark. I think he has every right to bring correction to the Charismatic-Pentecostal movement. Way more right than any of the cessationists who have spoken out in disbelief and bitterness. He has actually tried to get John McArthur to debate him.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (04-10-2018), Quest (04-12-2018), Valiant Woman (04-10-2018)

I wont forget the moment he prayed for me at Brownsville in ‘97 during the revival years. I have also spoken with him during a visit up here and I’m confident of his compassion toward the sick and hurting as well as his passion to see the Body of Christ be all it should be.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (04-10-2018), Valiant Woman (04-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    He has seen many sick healed, and many filled with the Holy Spirit. He was one of the leaders of the Brownsville revival. The forward in his book is written by Randy Clark. I think he has every right to bring correction to the Charismatic-Pentecostal movement. Way more right than any of the cessationists who have spoken out in disbelief and bitterness. He has actually tried to get John McArthur to debate him.
    That’s good to know. Thanks!
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (04-10-2018)

I'm halfway through the book now and I like it. Someone said that he is not Word of Faith but he includes that among various truths after one has removed the excesses. He takes a balanced approach to most things just like I myself have tried to do in many discussions here - instead of going with "one extreme or the other" or simple "for or againsts".

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (04-12-2018), Quest (04-12-2018)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I'm halfway through the book now and I like it. Someone said that he is not Word of Faith but he includes that among various truths after one has removed the excesses. He takes a balanced approach to most things just like I myself have tried to do in many discussions here - instead of going with "one extreme or the other" or simple "for or againsts".
    He actually is WoF in fundamental beliefs. But as you said he doesn't go for the 'excesses'. He had a SIL and BIL that went to Rhema. He was actually in a Bro. Hagin campmeeting in Tulsa in the 80s and Hagin singled him out of thousands of people and prophesied things to him about his ministry that have since come to pass. I don't remember the details but it seemed as if there was something very exact in the prophesy that was relevant at the time also. And I believe Dr. Brown said he knew he was going to call him out.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Colonel (04-12-2018), Ezekiel 33 (04-13-2018), Quest (04-13-2018), victoryword (04-28-2018)