Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: HGTV's House Hunters Program...

I check my attitude from time to time to be sure envy doesn't enter in. I don't sense it in Bookie either, Val W.
    And that’s EXACTLY what I said Curly.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Nah, I keyed on the word "need". As in "I NEED 14 sinks, 8 tubs and a 9 car garage because our oldest is starting high school this year". It's more about how people express needs and wants...I find it funny how they arrive at NEED.

But yeah, those shows are designed to stir up a bit of covetousness, that is why they have sponsors. Nothing new there.
    Forget about need. I watch these shows from time to time and I’ve not heard anyone say they “need” these things unless they have a large family, were expecting to have a large family, or expecting to have family come visit for a while.

How about just wanting “14 sinks, 8 tubs, and a 9 car garage” only because one desires to have it? Nothing wrong with that and folk should be careful about calling them spoiled unless you know them personally. It’s not a sin to want nice things.

I know of a man of God whom Jesus showed him his mansion in heaven. The way he described it was absolutely glorious. Different strokes for different folks. If you want a cottage, nothing wrong with that, if you want an apartment, nothing wrong with that.

Since I’m single, I’m satisfied with a 1700-2000 sq. ft home. I don’t relish the thought of having to clean or keep up anything larger without help.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It's funny to hear what they NEED..... well, we are getting ready to have our second baby so we NEED a five bedroom house.

Yukety yuck, spoiled but at least it's their own money (maybe).
    Watching those shows and listening to their "needs" I end up rolling my eyes and declaring, FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!!!

Having said that, however, we renoed our master bath last fall and put in 2 sink vanity, and a soaker tub (not whirlpool)/shower combo. The rage now is to have a walk in shower and stand alone tub but the tiling is so expensive! It cost about 3x to have tiles installed as the tiles cost (about $600 for the tiles). We're getting ready to sell in the next few years and the reno was essential to selling. Everyone NEEDS a MASTER SUITE. Right?

We built our house in 1983 and it definitely needs updates. It's a 4BR, 2 bath, 1670sq ft, main floor laundry, eat in ranch style kitchen (no formal dining room), Living Room (no separate family room), full unfinished basement on 15 acres of the beautiful Canadian prairies. Anyone interested???

Your home sounds lovely, Sis. - Especially the soaker tub - We have one in our two-sink (LOL) bathroom too, and I use it all the time - I actually prefer baths over showers.

OK, I should probably confess: Hubby and I are the only people in our home, and since we have 2.5 baths, we actually have our own personal bathrooms - He actually jokes and tells people: "The key to a happy marriage is separate bathrooms"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

sojourner (04-01-2018)

Oh, and it's not like we NEED 2.5 bathrooms, it's just what came with our townhouse...

I certainly remember the days when there were about 10 of us living in the same house with only ONE bathroom (no shower either, just a tub) - We did fine - Don't ever remember any conflict, because we had a "schedule" (so to speak), and we stuck to it - It was get in, do your hygiene, and get out - People didn't spend time "luxuriating" in the bathroom back in the day - It was strictly utilitarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    Your home sounds lovely, Sis. - Especially the soaker tub - We have one in our two-sink (LOL) bathroom too, and I use it all the time - I actually prefer baths over showers.

OK, I should probably confess: Hubby and I are the only people in our home, and since we have 2.5 baths, we actually have our own personal bathrooms - He actually jokes and tells people: "The key to a happy marriage is separate bathrooms"

Now that we have two sinks in our master bath, I can't figure out why Rog chooses to shave in the family bath.

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    Oh, and it's not like we NEED 2.5 bathrooms, it's just what came with our townhouse...

I certainly remember the days when there were about 10 of us living in the same house with only ONE bathroom (no shower either, just a tub) - We did fine - Don't ever remember any conflict, because we had a "schedule" (so to speak), and we stuck to it - It was get in, do your hygiene, and get out - People didn't spend time "luxuriating" in the bathroom back in the day - It was strictly utilitarian.
    There were 6 of us in our house growing up. Mom, Dad, and 4 GIRLS!!! AND living on a farm in rural Alberta, we didn't have running water till I was in high school, circa 1970... One bathroom, with a tub that drained across the yard, dad did at least that, a sink that drained into a pail and yes, a honey pail toilet that we had to empty every day. ... yeah. It was fun.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (03-31-2018)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehilah Ba'Aretz View Post
    I keep watching some of the DIY stuff because I'm trying to figure out solutions. Like, kitchen lighting. I recently put up a large fixture with five lights. Each has a bright LED and I love it. Thanks DIY TV for that idea. Now I have to figure out how to keep the pigeons off of the second story bedroom window sill. Filthy, noisy flying rats. And no, I can't open the window to chase them away. And it's too high for my longest ladder.
    It's an old building with very thick stone walls and 15 foot ceilings. That second story window is a long ways up there. I'm thinking of putting an iron bar across iron shutters. Seems like that might be enough to keep them out.
    BB gun until they are no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    And that’s EXACTLY what I said Curly.
    Oh, I understood that Sis. I was agreeing with you.

Do you also watch Hawaii Life on HGTV? Now, give me any of those homes and I don't give a rip what the kitchen looks like!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bookman For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (04-01-2018)