Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: HGTV's House Hunters Program...

RE: HGTV's House Hunters Program...

I watch it almost every night, and I have a question...

99% of the couples insist on having 2 sinks in the master bathroom, because they say it makes it easier for them to "Get ready at the same time."

I was just wondering, is it just me, or just a generational thing? - I can only recall ONE time - in 30 years of marriage - that Hubby and I happened to be in the bathroom "at the same time." - We were running a little behind time for Church, and he came in and jumped in the shower, while I was in the tub.

Sometimes, the program even illustrates the "necessity" for two sinks, by showing the man and woman brushing their teeth over their single sink in their current house.

Seriously? - I don't want anyone spitting out toothpaste next to me, while I'm brushing, flossing or gargling mouthwash.

Soooo, my question is: Show of hands, if you and your spouse brush your teeth, bathe, etc. "together" every day.

(I'm thinking it's a "millennial thing)

Blog Entries
    We've never really had that problem. We just know we can't be there at the same time. But then again, our schedules have never conflicted such as having to go to get ready and go to work at the same time. Maybe that's where it comes from. But on the other hand if it is due to conflict, how come you never hear them talking about double showers or a shower big enough for two with two shower heads too? :)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (03-30-2018)

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    It's funny to hear what they NEED..... well, we are getting ready to have our second baby so we NEED a five bedroom house.

Yukety yuck, spoiled but at least it's their own money (maybe).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

curly sue (03-31-2018), Romans828 (03-30-2018)

We're definitely a two-sink couple. It's not a matter of using it at the same time, it's just convenient to have my sink with my "stuff" next to it. It's not generational, because we're now "senior" citizens. (Hate that term).

The thing that bugs me about HH is how spoiled people are. I know you may think that about a two-sink bathroom, but when I see people talk about how the kitchen will have to be done over entirely, when it's a lot nicer than our kitchen, I roll my eyes. So it doesn't have stainless steel appliances or mahogany cupboards. Get over it.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bookman For This Useful Post:

curly sue (03-31-2018), Ezekiel 33 (04-03-2018), John (03-30-2018), Romans828 (03-30-2018)

I hear ya, Bookie on the "my sink stuff" - I think Hubby has more toiletries than I do!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

Bookman (03-30-2018)

Question

The thing that bugs me about HH is how spoiled people are. I know you may think that about a two-sink bathroom, but when I see people talk about how the kitchen will have to be done over entirely, when it's a lot nicer than our kitchen, I roll my eyes. So it doesn't have stainless steel appliances or mahogany cupboards. Get over it.
    Yukety yuck, spoiled but at least it's their own money (maybe).
    So, because people want a beautiful home and have the money to buy it they're spoiled?

I don't understand that kind of thinking. Sounds a little envious to me, even though I don't believe you are, it just sounds that way. Why is a person considered spoiled just because they desire their house (kitchen, appliances, bedroom, etc.) be to their liking or specifications?
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

I'm not a fixer upper or a decorator. There's nothing wrong with wanting everything just like you want it if you can afford it. Sometimes super picky people can get on my last nerve.

I check my attitude from time to time to be sure envy doesn't enter in. I don't sense it in Bookie either, Val W.

I like having two sinks in the master bath although we are rarely both in there at the same time.

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    So, because people want a beautiful home and have the money to buy it they’re spoiled?
    Nah, I keyed on the word "need". As in "I NEED 14 sinks, 8 tubs and a 9 car garage because our oldest is starting high school this year". It's more about how people express needs and wants...I find it funny how they arrive at NEED.

But yeah, those shows are designed to stir up a bit of covetousness, that is why they have sponsors. Nothing new there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

curly sue (03-31-2018)

I keep watching some of the DIY stuff because I'm trying to figure out solutions. Like, kitchen lighting. I recently put up a large fixture with five lights. Each has a bright LED and I love it. Thanks DIY TV for that idea. Now I have to figure out how to keep the pigeons off of the second story bedroom window sill. Filthy, noisy flying rats. And no, I can't open the window to chase them away. And it's too high for my longest ladder.
    It's an old building with very thick stone walls and 15 foot ceilings. That second story window is a long ways up there. I'm thinking of putting an iron bar across iron shutters. Seems like that might be enough to keep them out.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tehilah Ba'Aretz For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (03-31-2018)

Blog Entries
    Try putting up a large eagle image as it scares pigeons