Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Roseanne

  1. #11
    Senior Member Romans828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    7th Heaven
    Posts
    2,117
    Thanked: 1729
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    The Good Doctor is still my favorite with Blue Bloods trailing second....
    Ahhhh, I've been watching The Good Doctor from the very beginning - Lurve that show! - The season finale was a real tear-jerker.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (03-29-2018)

  3. #12
    Senior Member Valiant Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    3,442
    Thanked: 2897
    Hannity played a portion of the show on his radio program. I thought it was hilarious, and I've never been a Rosanne fan. It probably won't be among my TV viewing (Bluebloods & Jeopardy! is about all I can take from network programming), but I'll try to watch the next show out of curiosity.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

  4. #13
    Frozen Chozen Admin A.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,953
    Thanked: 3264
    I watched both the premiere shows online this afternoon... It was a little better than ok.

    The grandson who dresses like a girl said he knows he's a boy, he just likes the way the clothes look... the colors and styles. He might have even said "pop." No mention of gender fluid. That might yet come, though.

    I'll probably watch a few more before I decide. It seemed like they had a lot of dialogue just catching up on character history so when all that's established ... we'll see how it goes.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

    curly sue (03-29-2018), Quest (03-30-2018)

  6. #14
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    2,203
    Thanked: 1573
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    The Good Doctor is still my favorite with Blue Bloods trailing second....
    Those are two of our faves too. You would probably like The Resident. Very good hospital drama. One of our new faves.
    You would want to start it from the first episode though, in order to know the characters and the background story line.

    We also still love the original NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles. The New Orleans one, not so much. Seems like they can't get a good cast for that one.

    Once Upon a Time is also one we like. The writers do an amazing job of putting all the different fairy tale characters together.
    Last edited by Ezekiel 33; 03-29-2018 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Add comment

  7. #15
    I liked the episodes last night, but it's important to remember that it is NOT a conservative or Christian show at all.

    Jackie can go away now. She was always my least favorite character, (too much of a scenery chewer)
    I didn't like Becky, her acting, if you can call it that, was very wooden. I kind of wish they just brought back Sarah Chalke as Becky instead of a new character.
    Darlene is and always has been my favorite kid. It cracked me up how Roseanne and Dan kept telling her they were ok with her being gay and she was like, "I'm NOT gay... still not gay" (she's gay in real life)
    The cross dressing kid was a bit much, but Roseanne has ALWAYS been a platform for the LGBT community.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

    Femme* (04-17-2018), Quest (03-30-2018)

  9. #16
    'Roseanne' Revival's Huge Debut Stuns Hollywood, Prompts Soul-Searching

    -Roseanne made a triumphant return Tuesday night, blowing past projections with a 5.2 adults 18-49 rating and 18.2 million total viewers for the debut of its revival, which remarkably drew 10% more viewers than the original series finale 21 years ago.

    While nostalgia was expected to bring in eyeballs, no one predicted such a huge turnout on premiere night for the blue-collar family sitcom with a Donald Trump-supporting protagonist, especially among the younger demographic. But then, few predicted that Trump would become the Republican nominee and would win the presidential election when he first announced his candidacy.

    Both Trump and Roseanne were able to tap into the often overlooked and underserved working-class audience, especially the portion that holds mostly conservative views. Not surprisingly, the top TV markets where Roseanne delivered its highest ratings were in states handily carried by Trump in the election. No. 1 was Tulsa in Oklahoma, which Trump won with 65.3% of the vote. It was followed by Cincinnati, Ohio and Kansas City, Missouri. The only marquee city from a blue state in the Top 10 was Chicago at No. 5 — the area where the series is set...

    http://deadline.com/2018/03/roseanne...ng-1202354973/

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

    Quest (03-30-2018)

  11. #17
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,628
    Thanked: 3173
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    Ahhhh, I've been watching The Good Doctor from the very beginning - Lurve that show! - The season finale was a real tear-jerker.
    WAIT!!! Was that the finale? Oh no! going into withdrawal....

  12. #18
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,628
    Thanked: 3173
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    Those are two of our faves too. You would probably like The Resident. Very good hospital drama. One of our new faves.
    You would want to start it from the first episode though, in order to know the characters and the background story line.

    We also still love the original NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles. The New Orleans one, not so much. Seems like they can't get a good cast for that one.

    Once Upon a Time is also one we like. The writers do an amazing job of putting all the different fairy tale characters together.
    Yes I watch Once Upon a Time to...that used to be #1 for me but now it's #3....When the new season started I was not sure I would like it....the characters are unfolding well now and my favorite originals are there....I will see if The Resident is on HULU...

  13. #19
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,628
    Thanked: 3173
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    ‘Roseanne’ Revival’s Huge Debut Stuns Hollywood, Prompts Soul-Searching

    -Roseanne made a triumphant return Tuesday night, blowing past projections with a 5.2 adults 18-49 rating and 18.2 million total viewers for the debut of its revival, which remarkably drew 10% more viewers than the original series finale 21 years ago.

    While nostalgia was expected to bring in eyeballs, no one predicted such a huge turnout on premiere night for the blue-collar family sitcom with a Donald Trump-supporting protagonist, especially among the younger demographic. But then, few predicted that Trump would become the Republican nominee and would win the presidential election when he first announced his candidacy.

    Both Trump and Roseanne were able to tap into the often overlooked and underserved working-class audience, especially the portion that holds mostly conservative views. Not surprisingly, the top TV markets where Roseanne delivered its highest ratings were in states handily carried by Trump in the election. No. 1 was Tulsa in Oklahoma, which Trump won with 65.3% of the vote. It was followed by Cincinnati, Ohio and Kansas City, Missouri. The only marquee city from a blue state in the Top 10 was Chicago at No. 5 — the area where the series is set...

    http://deadline.com/2018/03/roseanne...ng-1202354973/
    Good point...Roseanne sees President Trump as a human being and speaks to him as one, not as a crazy ideological right winger...she defends that his is not the racist bigot...this could help some who buy into that narrative to reconsider....

  14. #20
    Senior Member Romans828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    7th Heaven
    Posts
    2,117
    Thanked: 1729
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    WAIT!!! Was that the finale? Oh no! going into withdrawal....
    Just the "season" finale, Sis - Hopefully, it will return in the Fall.

    https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/g...ed-season-two/

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

    Quest (03-30-2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •