Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Father, the Son and the Holy Bible

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    But my point being (though incorrect as it was pointed out)....is there will be manifestations and experiences in the Spirit for which you may not find a satisfying correlation, validation. That point still stands.

Trouble with this is, we CAN have a manifestation/experience and not find it in scripture because we cant see it plainly explained in the manner that feeds our conflict. See, these things of the Spirit are badly lacking in Church.

I know, this is my current station and assignment. I have been tasked with teaching Spirit basics to a church that has shut the door on the Gifts and expressions of the Holy Spirit.
    Exactly.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-03-2018), FireBrand (05-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan david View Post
    This is a very good spot to define/apply what we mean by using the Word as "validation."

Using Fuego's example:

I would use the Word in the following way in support of Fuego's friend highlighted elements (You all know the verses, you Bible scholars):
    GENERAL PRINCIPLES
    - Visions are biblical
    - God speaks to his people in many ways, even audibly, all through Scripture (even a donkey)

SPECIFIC INSTANCE (CONTENT)
    - Fiery Letters "ACTS" is an "amplified" Biblical "vision", with no biblical contradiction, call it God's vivid attention-getting artistry
    - God's audible statement is not counter-biblical, but "explanatory" and "interpretational" and is in reasonable harmony with how we should view Scripture in the spiritual realm.

It's these instances that God has full prerogative to speak any message any way he wants. I would posit that we often WILL NOT find the exact instance in the Bible that we are experiencing, because there are billions of situations that it CANNOT cover.

There is no specific Bible verse that the Holy Spirit will impress me to STOP my car at a green light and I don't know why. (Then 2 seconds later a speeding car speeds across the intersection that would have been certain death).

But, again there are general principles that do validate my hearing from God , that the Holy Spirit will give me DIRECT and IMMEDIATE INSTRUCTIONS at any given time to guide, direct and protect me, as God gave instructions to Cornelius in Acts 5 via an angel.

1 At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. 2 He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. 3 One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, “Cornelius!” 4 Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked.

The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. 5 Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. 6 He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea.”

So we see that Cornelius was in-tune with God, being devout and a man of prayer. People in that flow will be more like the "sheep who hear God's voice," who have an affinity and confidence in recognizing that voice, and thereby not so easily swayed by the wrong voice Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
    Hi
    I thank you for the explanation but concerning verses, scholars of the Bible I do not know them to be sincere with you and I would like to know them
    cordially
    Last edited by rossi; 01-14-2019 at 01:47 PM.