Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Father, the Son and the Holy Bible

The Father, the Son and the Holy Bible

https://www.hopefaithprayer.com/father-son-holy-bible/

Rex Rouis

Jesus said that it was a good thing that He was going away, because then the Father could send the Holy Spirit as our Helper (John 16:7). The Holy Spirit could then guide each of us personally into the truth, teach us all things, and bring to our remembrance all that Jesus had said. After all, the Godhead is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Jesus made it sound like having the Holy Spirit was an important thing. Something, and Someone, you would want to have with you forever – a divine personal guide into all things God. He, the Third Person of the Godhead, is the one who welcomes us with His witness, and keeps us on the right path. And, that His help would continue forever.

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God... Romans 8:14-16

But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you. John 16:13-16

I will pour out My Spirit on you. I will make my words known to you. Proverbs 1:23

But ‘forever’ isn’t correct if you believe that the personal work of the Holy Spirit ended long ago...

COMMENT: The article above explains, biblically the unique role of the Holy Spirit in speaking into our lives. YET, many conservative Christians have an extreme view that we are ONLY to hear God's voice from the Scriptures-only. This unjustifably-limited view, is often derived from an excessively narrow rendering of Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.

That is what is meant by the title, where the voice of the Holy Spirit is stifled, by limiting it only to the specific verses in the Bible.

Comments?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jonathan david For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-01-2018), Quest (04-30-2018), Valiant Woman (02-17-2018)

Blog Entries
    I'll just say this and I think most will understand what is meant although I know a few will take it wrong.

I have a friend, actually a former student who the Lord led to spend a lot of time every day in worship. Several hours a day as a matter of fact. To make a long story short, after several weeks of this, he began to have some spiritual experiences that were a little out of the norm for him. One day he was experiencing one and and got a little scared because what he was experiencing he couldn't find specifically in the Bible. When he began the experience and started to get afraid, he said all of a sudden he had a vision and he saw the word "ACTS" in bold fiery letters referring obviously to the book of Acts. And audibly Lord said to him, "The promise of the Father was not the Bible, the promise of the Father was the Holy Spirit".

So yes, many have replaced actual interaction and fellowship of the Holy Spirit with the Bible. I've even personally heard people say what you said there that the way we hear God is from the Bible, totally limiting how God speaks to them. Obviously we do, but that's not the only way. As someone who has personally heard the 'audible inner voice' of the Holy Spirit I know Him speaking to us outside the Bible is real. If one has never experienced it it's hard to describe. It's audible, as clear as anyone physical talking to you, but it comes from inside. Obviously it won't contradict the Bible. But every experience a person could have with God is not limited to what happened in the recorded scriptures.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Cardinal TT (02-16-2018), Ezekiel 33 (02-16-2018), Jonathan david (02-15-2018), Quest (02-18-2018), Valiant Woman (02-17-2018)

I will pour out My Spirit on you. I will make my words known to you. Proverbs 1:23
    By replacing the Spirit with the Word only they remove the One who came to make those words known to them. Not just to their minds but to their hearts.

There is personal revelation, prophecy etc as Fuego talks about but that is the Holy Spirit's main function, to make the Word alive in our hearts and from there, in our minds as well.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-01-2018), Jonathan david (02-16-2018), Quest (02-18-2018)

I Corinthians 2:9-14

(9) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

(10) But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

(11) For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

(12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

(13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

(14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GodismyJudge For This Useful Post:

Ari (02-16-2018), Ezekiel 33 (02-16-2018), Jonathan david (02-16-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post

So yes, many have replaced actual interaction and fellowship of the Holy Spirit with the Bible. I've even personally heard people say what you said there that the way we hear God is from the Bible, totally limiting how God speaks to them. Obviously we do, but that's not the only way. As someone who has personally heard the 'audible inner voice' of the Holy Spirit I know Him speaking to us outside the Bible is real. If one has never experienced it it's hard to describe. It's audible, as clear as anyone physical talking to you, but it comes from inside. Obviously it won't contradict the Bible. But every experience a person could have with God is not limited to what happened in the recorded scriptures.
    Agreed. Jesus said that his sheep "hear His voice." There is immediacy implied to this statement, and we know it is obviously the voice of the Holy Spirit. Else those who were born again would have to sit around some decades until the Gospels were written and circulated to "hear His voice" exclusively in the Gospels, or get a copy of the "letters."

RT Kendall also chides those who follow "Father, Son and Holy Bible" thinking in his book, Holy Fire. He makes the case for the IMMEDIATE and DIRECT voice of the Holy Spirit available to every believer.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    By replacing the Spirit with the Word only they remove the One who came to make those words known to them. Not just to their minds but to their hearts.

There is personal revelation, prophecy etc as Fuego talks about but that is the Holy Spirit's main function, to make the Word alive in our hearts and from there, in our minds as well.
    Oh, oh. Watch out you used the revelation word. You are about to be accused of "adding to the Scripture."

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan david View Post
    Oh, oh. Watch out you used the revelation word. You are about to be accused of "adding to the Scripture."
    Not really because personal revelation is never authorative, it's never meant to find its way into a new book to be added to the Bible, called "the book of Colonel" or something. When some guy visiting church sits down at the same cafe table with me and the Holy Spirit tells me to tell him the same sentence that some lady in an other church told him as an answer to the same question about his personal life and with the same tone of voice then that is not to be added to the Bible, nor is it generally authorative. As an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan david View Post
    Agreed. Jesus said that his sheep "hear His voice." There is immediacy implied to this statement, and we know it is obviously the voice of the Holy Spirit. Else those who were born again would have to sit around some decades until the Gospels were written and circulated to "hear His voice" exclusively in the Gospels, or get a copy of the "letters."

RT Kendall also chides those who follow "Father, Son and Holy Bible" thinking in his book, Holy Fire. He makes the case for the IMMEDIATE and DIRECT voice of the Holy Spirit available to every believer.
    "Father, Son, Holy Bible". The Son is also the Word, so their thinking basically does away with the Spirit of Jesus and limits him to expressing himself through the written Word.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    it's never meant to find its way into a new book to be added to the Bible, called "the book of Colonel" or something.
    Unless it's Colonel Sander's secret herbs and spices

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Unless it's Colonel Sanders' secret herbs and spices
    That sounds more appropriate for a book on witchcraft.