Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Caviezel: New 'Passion of the Christ' to be 'biggest film in history'

Jim Caviezel: New 'Passion of the Christ' to be 'biggest film in history'

Jim Caviezel: New 'Passion of the Christ' to be 'biggest film in history'
    'There are things that I cannot say that will shock the audience'
    http://www.wnd.com/2018/01/jim-cavie...lm-in-history/

Jim Caviezel, who stunned the world with his portrayal of Jesus in the 2004 blockbuster "The Passion of the Christ," is now confirming he's on board with director Mel Gibson for a sequel, and predicts it will be "the biggest film in history."

"There are things that I cannot say that will shock the audience," the 49-year-old actor told USA Today. "It's great. Stay tuned."

Both Gibson and Caviezel have not said much about the story focusing on the resurrection of Christ, but the star indicated he's encouraged by the direction the project is taking.

"I won't tell you how he's going to go about it," Caviezel said of Gibson. "But I'll tell you this much, the film he's going to do is going to be the biggest film in history. It's that good."...

...In 2016, Gibson spoke
    with USA Today about his plans for the sequel.

"The Resurrection. Big subject." Gibson said. "We're trying to craft this in a way that's cinematically compelling and enlightening so that it shines new light, if possible, without creating some weird thing."

Earlier this month in Chicago, Caviezel warned against false Christianity, and urged believers to publicly voice their faith in "this pagan world."

"I want you to go out into this pagan world, I want you to have the courage to step into this pagan world and shamelessly express your faith in public. The world needs proud warriors animated by their faith," he told the Fellowship of Catholic University Students SLS Leadership Conference....

...."God is calling each one of us, each one of you to do great things but how often we fail to respond, dismissing it as some mental blurp. It's time for our generation, now, to accept that call, the call of God urging all of us to give ourselves entirely to Him."

"Set yourselves apart from this corrupt generation," the actor continued. "Be saints. You weren't made to fit in. You were born to stand out."

"We must shake off this indifference, this destructive tolerance of evil. But only our faith and the wisdom of Christ can save us," he said. "But it requires warriors, ready to risk their reputations, their names, even our very lives, to stand for the truth."....

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GodismyJudge For This Useful Post:

A.J. (01-31-2018), Ezekiel 33 (02-01-2018), fuego (01-31-2018), Jonathan david (02-01-2018), krystian (02-02-2018), Romans828 (01-31-2018)

Ohhh, I'm really excited about this

I've been a fan of Caviezel since I saw him in Passion - He's one of the few "Hollywood Saints" who seems to really try to live as an example of a Christian - Not saying he's perfect, but I've seen several interviews where he unabashedly talks about Jesus.

He has also turned down roles that he felt were "unsavory" and tasteless.

Also, I haven't seen or heard of any scandals in his professional or personal life - You know, the things that make you say: "Oh, no, I thought he was a Christian?!"

Mel Gibson has his issues, but I think he has a heart for God, and I'm praying that he totally surrenders too.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (02-01-2018), GodismyJudge (01-31-2018), krystian (02-02-2018)

The previous movie contained most of the elements of classic anti-Semitic passion plays. Either by implication or by direct statements, blaming the death of Jesus on the Jewish leadership and by extension the Jewish people. It was very difficult for us as believers to endure the indignant response of our friends and neighbors. They rightly said that the Jews did not kill Jesus. According to Jesus himself, the Romans didn't kill him either. He said that He decided to lay down His life and nobody took it from Him.
    I don't think that Mel Gibson has changed his theology even though he said it was not his intention to blame Jewish people for the death of Jesus. That makes me nervous about what he will do to continue his previous plot and script. I've no doubt that I will watch the movie when it is out but I will be watching with apprehension.

We know that we are all guilty of the death of Jesus. He died to pay for OUR sins. However, it was boldly preached to Israel that they murdered Jesus, by both Peter and Stephen.

ACTS 2:22 "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death
    ACTS 6:51 "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. 52 Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, of whom you now have become the betrayers and murderers, 53 who have received the law by the direction of angels and have not kept it."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (02-13-2018)

I am looking forward to this movie, and also the one where Jim Caviezel is playing in the apostle Paul.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

Quest (02-04-2018), Romans828 (02-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    We know that we are all guilty of the death of Jesus. He died to pay for OUR sins. However, it was boldly preached to Israel that they murdered Jesus, by both Peter and Stephen.
    Sorry but I do not accept two verses taken out of context as a proper argument. And the second quote should be Acts 7:51 instead of what is written above.
    The first quote is spoken to many foreign Jews who are visiting Jerusalem and cannot possible be guilty of actually participating in the crucifixion. However, among the crowd were members of the sect called the Sadducees who were indeed guilty of conspiracy to murder Jesus. Likewise, in Acts 7, Stephen was addressing the false priesthood and the Sadducees, not the crowd of followers around him. It is not acceptable to say that either Paul or Stephen said that the Jewish people were guilty of the murder of Jesus.

This passage would seem to implicate everybody, and not just the Jewish people....

Acts 4:24-29 (KJV)
    (24) And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
    (25) Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
    (26) The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
    (27) For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
    (28) For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
    (29) And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak Thy Word

Acts 4:25-27 (YLT)
    (25) who, through the mouth of David thy servant, did say, Why did nations rage, and peoples meditate vain things?
    (26) the kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord and against His Christ;
    (27) for gathered together of a truth against Thy holy child Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, were both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with nations and peoples of Israel,

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GodismyJudge For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (02-06-2018)

Mat 27:20 But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitudes that they should ask for Barabbas and destroy Jesus.
    21 The governor answered and said to them, “Which of the two do you want me to release to you?”
    They said, “Barabbas!”
    22 Pilate said to them, “What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?”
    They all said to him, “Let Him be crucified!”
    23 Then the governor said, “Why, what evil has He done?”
    But they cried out all the more, saying, “Let Him be crucified!”
    24 When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it.”
    25 And all the people answered and said, “His blood be on us and on our children.”
    26 Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified.

I'm sure that there were lots of exceptions to the sentiments of the multitude among Jewish people in the region but the spirit these people were of came out during this event. Many had approved of Jesus when they saw his miracles or heard his teachings but when push came to shove and they were driven by their religious authorities they demanded his death instead. Whether he is a Jew or a Gentile that spirit doesn't come out of a man's heart fully until he is born again of the Spirit.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (02-06-2018), FaithfulOne (02-04-2018), Quest (02-04-2018)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GodismyJudge View Post
    This passage would seem to implicate everybody, and not just the Jewish people....

I totally agree that everyone is accountable for the death of Jesus ...gentiles and Jews

But we cannot deny that the scriptures say that the Jewish nation was held specifically accountable....the reason why Jerusalem was destroyed in AD 70 was due to the rejection of Jesus. For 1900 years they were without a nation as it was the judgement of God

****This does not mean God condones anti Semitism nor gives the gentiles a free pass for persecuting Jews. Killing of the Jews was evil and satanic and God will judge those that did it****

I support Israel but we still have to accept the scriptures written by Jews who blame the Jewish nation as a whole even though many did accept Jesus

Written by a Jew the apostle John says quite clearly as a nation Israel rejected Jesus
    John 1:11 - He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Colonel (02-04-2018), Ezekiel 33 (02-06-2018), FaithfulOne (02-04-2018), Valiant Woman (02-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by GodismyJudge View Post
    That is correct. All are guilty of sin and all need redemption. The problem with Mel Gibson is that Jewish people around the world heard him say that the Jews killed Jesus.