Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All Intel Chips are Spy Enabled

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It's OK, your post is centric to phones, tablets, etc. , the spy software is built into all chips, not a "flaw".
    I think it's simply how they monitor everything so that they can track terrorist activities. Like it or not. The alternative could have been a nuclear holocaust on American soil.

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I think it's simply how they monitor everything so that they can track terrorist activities. Like it or not. The alternative could have been a nuclear holocaust on American soil.
    Yes Colonel, how they keep us safe. lol

As it relates to this topic, you are the problem. Mass surveillance is illegal for a reason and they are shutting down that method.

Your logic always stuns me, they are usurping freedom because they are afraid of boogeymen who hate our freedom. Do you have an inkling of how brain washed/deceived you are? Do you understand how flawed your logic is?

In order to prevent future fires we are going to burn your house down. You fall for double speak like that, ignorant.

I don't like it but in practical terms the result could be that we avoid a large scale terrorist attack. That's not a matter of being brain washed. The notion that such an attack can not or will not happen no matter what, could however be termed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I don't like it but in practical terms the result could be that we avoid a large scale terrorist attack. That's not a matter of being brain washed. The notion that such an attack can not or will not happen no matter what, could however be termed that.
    You are brain washed bub.

You also need to start a new topic, this thread isn't about defending mass surveillance, it is about exposing it. Perhaps you can start a new topic, something along the lines of "Why we need to give up our privacy". Make your silly arguments there.

It's OK, your post is centric to phones, tablets, etc. , the spy software is built into all chips, not a "flaw".
    It does not involve any "spy software" - it's a chip hardware/design issue.
    This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)

Quote Originally Posted by GodismyJudge View Post
    It does not involve any "spy software" - it's a chip hardware/design issue.
    lol

You obviously didn't read the OP.

here it is again:

MINIX: ​Intel's hidden in-chip operating system

Buried deep inside your computer's Intel chip is the MINIX operating system and a software stack, which includes networking and a web server. It's slow, hard to get at, and insecure as insecure can be.
    In addition, thanks to Minnich and his fellow researchers' work, MINIX is running on three separate x86 cores on modern chips. There, it's running:

TCP/IP networking stacks (4 and 6)
    File systems
    Drivers (disk, net, USB, mouse)
    Web servers

MINIX also has access to your passwords. It can also reimage your computer's firmware even if it's powered off. Let me repeat that. If your computer is "off" but still plugged in, MINIX can still potentially change your computer's fundamental settings.

And, for even more fun, it "can implement self-modifying code that can persist across power cycles". So, if an exploit happens here, even if you unplug your server in one last desperate attempt to save it, the attack will still be there waiting for you when you plug it back in.
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/minix-i...rating-system/

If you have some tech skills, you can poke around and see what they have switched on or go further (at your own risk) and attempt to disable it.

https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner

Attachment 2922

Another crazy "conspiracy theory" confirmed as FACT.

Some more technical stuff..
    The Active Management Technology (AMT) application, part of the Intel “vPro” brand, is a Web server and application code that enables remote users to power on, power off, view information about, and otherwise manage the PC. It can be used remotely even while the PC is powered off (via Wake-on-Lan). Traffic is encrypted using SSL/TLS libraries, but recall that all of the major SSL/TLS implementations have had highly publicized vulnerabilities. The AMT application itself has known vulnerabilities, which have been exploited to develop rootkits and keyloggers and covertly gain encrypted access to the management features of a PC. Remember that the ME has full access to the PC’s RAM. This means that an attacker exploiting any of these vulnerabilities may gain access to everything on the PC as it runs: all open files, all running applications, all keys pressed, and more.
    https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme

It's clearly a back door into any Intel powered system..

Intel...funny name

get it?

So is all of this any different than the article in the thread I started about Apple products and the "flaws" that go back decades that they haven't "fixed"?

Apple was always touted as "the best!" and now we find out no system is safe for the average Joe.

How are we supposed to protect ourselves, other than not using computers.... and even if WE don't, all our info is out there in cyber world somewhere.

I recently started using a CPAP machine. I was told to download the app for it so I could access my info. Then, the tech I'm working with enters my serial number and has access to all my info remotely. Everything we do is out there.... one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    So is all of this any different than the article in the thread I started about Apple products and the "flaws" that go back decades that they haven't "fixed"?

Apple was always touted as "the best!" and now we find out no system is safe for the average Joe.

How are we supposed to protect ourselves, other than not using computers.... and even if WE don't, all our info is out there in cyber world somewhere.

I recently started using a CPAP machine. I was told to download the app for it so I could access my info. Then, the tech I'm working with enters my serial number and has access to all my info remotely. Everything we do is out there.... one way or another.
    You can get a CPAP without the the spy feature.

As far as Apple goes, they started using Intel chips some years ago. This is true for their phones as well, all current Apple devices are Intel driven/spy enabled.

>Everything we do is out there.... one way or another.

No, it requires your consent/blessing/purchase/etc.

You can get a CPAP without the the spy feature.

As far as Apple goes, they started using Intel chips some years ago. This is true for their phones as well, all current Apple devices are Intel driven/spy enabled.

>Everything we do is out there.... one way or another.

No, it requires your consent/blessing/purchase/etc.
    CPAP --- yes I realize that now, and I could delete the app. I wasn't thinking privacy with that, so much as getting the help I need.

Everything --- that's a yes and no. There is so much of what we do, banking, buying, selling, yada-yada that goes into someone's computer, somewhere. We can limit, to a point, of what goes online because, yes, like downloading the CPAP app, we give permission, but there's lots that we don't have power over or really have a choice about, just by having a bank account or doing our taxes.

I'm FAR from being a techie, and look to others for advice and guidance on even selecting my laptop purchases, so what this says to me is all of these so called breaches and spyware depends on people remaining ignorant till it's too late, which it probably is already. We are so dependent now on our electronics and the internet.