Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

Blog Entries
    God can do anything...some of the OT stories are quite bizarre like fire falling from heaven and consuming a sacrifice and all the water in trenches around it....

I would like to make it clear that I believe storms can be rebuked....Jesus did it....but as in the story Smitty told, "God revealed in a vision that a cobbler was the answer to their pray."

Anyway, I am praying and commanding Irma to turn back to the sea....

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    God can do anything...some of the OT stories are quite bizarre like fire falling from heaven and consuming a sacrifice and all the water in trenches around it....

I would like to make it clear that I believe storms can be rebuked....Jesus did it....but as in the story Smitty told, "God revealed in a vision that a cobbler was the answer to their pray."

Anyway, I am praying and commanding Irma to turn back to the sea....
    Fire consuming a sacrifice or making a car fly is a small thing compared to successfully rebuking a hurricane. Moving a mountain would have devastating effects on everything in its surroundings, quite different to stilling a storm or diverting a hurricane.

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Obviously most don't believe they can rebuke hurricanes. That's why I said earlier it's almost an Elijah/Prophets of Baal situation.

Ya'll keep it up. I'll watch the thing disintegrate. My God answers!

I've had disagreement with the local yokel prophetically minded as well on this topic, told them to shut up.

I think I am in a third group...I don't view the hurricane as a judgement or a demonically inspired event....I view it as a natural event that threatens the life and property of believers...

I just think it's NOT likely that no one rebuked Harvey .....or that none of them were men an women of God with strong faith...
    Hurricanes are a natural weather event like cancer is a natural health event. Puhlease quit rationalizing.

Blog Entries
    John, I hope you do have hurricane turning faith....I am agreeing with you that it would turn back into the sea...I just don't believe scriptural formulas are the same as genuine relational faith...

Formulated faith assumes every situation is a black or white situation....and is devoid of relational directions by Holy Spirit...

Faith grows through relationship, not theology...

Each us us must answer that for ourselves.....Is the Spirit directing me therefore I speak and act in full confidence being obedient, or am I acting on a theological premise?

Blog Entries
    I am with John on this. I am a firm believer that God can stop the storm. Many times I have looked into the stormy skies here in Iowa with Tornado sirens blaring and shouted "peace be still." God has heard every time. John is a man of great faith and God will hear him and answer.

John, I hope you do have hurricane turning faith....I am agreeing with you that it would turn back into the sea...I just don't believe scriptural formulas are the same as genuine relational faith...

Formulated faith assumes every situation is a black or white situation....and is devoid of relational directions by Holy Spirit...

Faith grows through relationship, not theology...

Each us us must answer that for ourselves.....Is the Spirit directing me therefore I speak and act in full confidence being obedient, or am I acting on a theological premise?

You are assuming way too much Quest. lack of relationship, formula, etc., etc, etc...whats up with that? If I were offendable in these matters, you certainly laid plenty of bait.

You are bending over backwards to defend a position, don't hurt yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    I am with John on this. I am a firm believer that God can stop the storm. Many times I have looked into the stormy skies here in Iowa with Tornado sirens blaring and shouted "peace be still." God has heard every time. John is a man of great faith and God will hear him and answer.
    Absolutely Brother Nikos, it's totally within our authority to rebuke foul weather. There is a reason we haven't had a hurricane touch here in 12 years. I can't tell you how many times we've been in "the cone".

> God has heard every time.

Amen.

The thing with faith is you are more likely to be run down by churchies than you are unbelievers. I typically offer to lay hands on the sick, whether they are saved or not, the unbelievers are always like .. "oh yeah man, anything!", church folks are like "who do you think you are!".

Some thinking they are wise have become foolish.

The Lord delivers...

http://livingfaithforum.com/forum/sh...ll=1#post47511

Clear out the air ... over your domain.

“habitational authority”

August 28, 2017 Surely You Are Praying
    https://www.billyebrim.org/blog/augu...ou_are_praying

Submitted by BillyeBrim on Mon, 08/28/2017 - 15:17

Billye Brim Blog
    August 28, 2017

The Parsonage

Surely you are praying....

...A much-needed lesson Texans are demonstrating to our nation is “unity.”

Working together. One heart, mind, and hand.

We MUST as a nation STOP the violence and schisms which plague us. Our Lord said that a house divided can not stand. Of course, many would think us “crazy” to think so, but demonic forces drive the mob violence—from all sides—to divide and conquer.

BUT, we pray-ers know it. And we know how to stop it. We have a God-given authority to do so. Exercise yours today and everyday.

Clear out the air—and you know what I mean—over your domain.
    (If you don’t know order my little minibook, The Authority of the Believer and How To Use It.)

Especially those of you who have “habitational authority” over the places President Trump will visit, be sure to exercise it.

Shalom, Shalom

BillyeBrim's blog

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)