Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will a christian suicide go to heaven?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Then the most basic question is if the act killed the person's faith.
    No, not if they weren't in their right mind.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (01-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    No, not if they weren't in their right mind.
    I agree on that but we should be careful with defining every suicide as an act of insanity. Every sin is basically an act of insanity but people are still in their right minds when commiting sins.

Then there are those who literally give their lives so that others will be saved in their place. Technically a suicide but far from self murder.

Romans 5:6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
    7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die.
    8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Jesus knew that he would resurrect again so that wasn't a suicide but the others that Paul compares him to in favorable terms did technically commit suicide. The same theme is found again in 1 Cor :

1 Corinthians 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

The act he refers to may be one of great valor like in Romans 5 or it may at best be pointless, depending on what the situation and the intention is.
    Last edited by Colonel; 08-27-2017 at 08:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    So you believe that anyone who dies with sin unrepented of goes to hell ?
    Colonel, you asked me this question on Saturday. I briefly commented on it. Let me expound on my comment a little more deeper.

Paul speaks of a warfare or conflict that the believer experiences between the flesh and the spirit.
    The flesh usually refers to the corrupt nature of fallen human beings.
    When we are regenerated (born again) by the Holy Spirit, we become new creatures in Christ.
    The power of our fallen nature is conquered but not destroyed. It is still left intact. Paul makes this clear over in Romans 7:14-25.
    Because renewal and sanctification is a life long process, Christians are daily engaged in warfare with their old nature as the seek to grow in the Spirit and in grace.

The old person dies daily as the new person in Christ is strengthened by Gods word and by the indwelling Holy Spirit.
    The Spirit, who is given to us as a pledge and by who we are sealed, will prevail in this warfare in the end.
    In the meantime, however, the struggle can be intense. Christians continue to struggle with temptation and sin.
    Conversion liberates us from the total control of the flesh, but it does not perfect us. The struggle between the old person (the flesh) and the Spirit continues until we die.
    After death we will be glorified: the flesh is completely put to death, and the new person is completely purified.

Again, let me be clear here: No Christian is completely free of carnality. As some are weak in faith, and as others are more mature then the newly converted.
    No matter how long we have been saved, the conflict between our fallen sin nature (old man) and our regenerated nature (new man) will continue until death.

How many Christians have died with this conflict of warfare waging within them and went to hell? None!
    How many Christians struggle with sin of omission and commission? All!
    How many of Gods children (those that belong to Him) does He discipline? All!

The Holy Spirit will always convict and convince us to deal with sin.
    1 John 1:9 was written to the child of God.

God is going to make it difficult for you to live in unrepentant sin if you truly are one of His children.
    On the same note, He is going to make it difficult for you to go to hell if you truly belong to His family.

On the other side of the coin we could mentioned OSAS, habitual backsliding, reprobates, apostates, etc. in conjuncture with unrepentance and ending up in hell, but we won't.
    I'm sure the forum is already loaded with threads on these topics.
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

God is going to make it difficult for you to live in unrepentant sin if you truly are one of His children.
    On the same note, He is going to make it difficult for you to go to hell if you truly belong to His family.
    I agree. I used this analogy on a largely non-charismatic forum many years ago.

"To lose salvation I will have to slow down, come to a halt, turn around, start running in the opposite direction, keep running until I reach the cliff, look down then jump. All this while ignoring multiple warnings from the Holy Spirit along the way."

I know the above isn't extremely theoretical in nature but it represents a journey from being grounded in the faith and being in the habit of avoiding sin and to where an actual shipwreck occurs. It's a bit different with those who are less grounded and less acquainted with the concept of avoiding sin. God has grace and mercy with those who wish to grow so their walk is a bit more secure than it may feel. We all have a free will though and a carnal nature that will go along with that entire journey without objecting.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Smitty (08-27-2017)

Blog Entries
    Will a Christian suicide go to heaven?

NO, if he is in his right mind. Christians do not commit murder.