Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noah the movie

Blog Entries

Noah the movie

I thought ValW had started a thread on that movie at one time but I couldn't find a thread on the movie at all.

So it aired on FXX within the past couple of weeks and we DVRd it and actually not quite finished watching it right now. So how accurate is it? Well, there is a guy named Noah, an ark, and rain. That's about it.

Just on a pure entertainment level to me it's boring. Really not interesting at all. And kinda weird. And Noah is somewhat of a jerk in some parts. Anyway, just thought I'd let y'all know.

The end.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-18-2017)

Blog Entries
    A christian friend told me about it and decided it was not worth watching

Weren't there some rock creatures and other loopy scenes

Blog Entries
    I saw it when it came out some time back. Unscriptural, and I believe the director although Jewish, was an atheist. It really was a bad movie. As a matter of fact, I would have left mid-way through it if my wife had not kept me there until the end. 2 thumbs down!
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    A christian friend told me about it and decided it was not worth watching

Weren't there some rock creatures and other loopy scenes
    Yeah. Rock creatures were kinda way out there. I think they were fallen angels or something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I saw it when it came out some time back. Unscriptural, and I believe the director although Jewish, was an atheist. It really was a bad movie. As a matter of fact, I would have left mid-way through it if my wife had not kept me there until the end. 2 thumbs down!
    I kept saying to my wife why are we still watching this? And she said we've gone this far we'll see it through. I mean it was totally boring.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    And she said we've gone this far we'll see it through.

That's like getting a free coupon for food and you have to eat it even though you don't like it

I thought ValW had started a thread on that movie at one time but I couldn't find a thread on the movie at all.

So it aired on FXX within the past couple of weeks and we DVRd it and actually not quite finished watching it right now. So how accurate is it? Well, there is a guy named Noah, an ark, and rain. That's about it.

Just on a pure entertainment level to me it's boring. Really not interesting at all. And kinda weird. And Noah is somewhat of a jerk in some parts. Anyway, just thought I'd let y'all know.

The end.
    Yes, I did write a review on it. I wonder what happened to it? Maybe it was on the old Forum?

Anyway, I enjoyed it because I went into it expecting it to be totally different that the actual events, and I viewed it as pure FICTION. The director warned the Christian public that if they were looking for an acccurate Biblical account, they would NOT find it in this film. And I agree, the Noah character was a total jerk.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

fuego (08-17-2017), Romans828 (08-17-2017)

I kept saying to my wife why are we still watching this? And she said we've gone this far we'll see it through. I mean it was totally boring.
    I like your wife!

It really shoulda been a dramedy. I mean the guy who snuck on the Ark, the Methuselah character, the daughter-in-law storyline. Especially the part where the Noah character wants to murder his children. And the idiotic idea to have rock people. Really? I mean, could they have made the storyline any more ridiculous?
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

fuego (08-17-2017)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    Yes, I did write a review on it. I wonder what happened to it? Maybe it was on the old Forum?

Anyway, I enjoyed it because I went into it expecting it to be totally different that the actual events, and I viewed it as pure FICTION. The director warned the Christian public that if they were looking for an acccurate Biblical account, they would NOT find it in this film. And I agree, the Noah character was a total jerk.
    Sadly some rely on Hollywood to get their 'facts'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Sadly some rely on Hollywood to get their 'facts'.
    I wonder how many people actually thought that this was an accurate Biblical account?