Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The battle of Charlottesville

Blog Entries
    Racism and nazi salutes is not violence. America is still a democracy and it's better for extremists to protest so everyone can see what they stand for and to then peacefully explain how foolish it is.

There is never a good reason to aggressively oppose a group while they are protesting as this will definitely lead to violence.

I am all for protesting in opposition to racism etc but do it at another time not to deliberately confront extremists

BTW how quickly do you want Christians to condemn this?
    What are you expecting them to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    I think it's Christians who aren't quick to condemn this in no uncertain terms are the ones not thinking rationally...or Scripturally. I'm as conservative as they come and this sort of violence (did you see the Nazi salutes?!) is NOT conservatism.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

curly sue (08-13-2017)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    There is never a good reason to aggressively oppose a group while they are protesting as this will definitely lead to violence.

I am all for protesting in opposition to racism etc but do it at another time not to deliberately confront extremists.
    Exactly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    the runnning news thing said "TERROR in VA" .. yeah, "terror".. gee, I don't remember seeing "TERROR" when the liberals were burning down cities, or attacking people trying to drive someplace, or when there were rioting and shouting down anyone who disagrees with them..
    yeah.. "TERROR"

They won't even say "TERROR" when it's an Islam attack on anyone!

This bears repeating.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

curly sue (08-13-2017)

Racism and nazi salutes is not violence. America is still a democracy and it's better for extremists to protest so everyone can see what they stand for and to then peacefully explain how foolish it is.

I am all for protesting in opposition to racism etc but do it at another time not to deliberately confront extremists

BTW how quickly do you want Christians to condemn this?
    What are you expecting them to do?
    People might use the same principle of justified violence to approve of violence against Christians because they feel that their views are too far away from what society can accept to be expressed outside a history book. "anti-lgbt = nazi" etc

Blog Entries
    Down here there is alot of anger and emotion in regard to same sex marriage and Islamic issues which is whipped up by left wing media and liberals.

Any true Christian like FO, Bookman and all of us on this forum are branded as bigots and racists by the left supporting SSM and Islam.

This is why we as believers should think clearly and rationally and not allow politics, media and others who want to promote division and discord.

Blog Entries
    This is the exact reason why I am concerned. It is already happening that christians are becoming targets in the name of opposing bigotry.
    Many people consider us as Nazis

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    People might use the same principle of justified violence to approve of violence against Christians because they feel that their views are too far away from what society can accept to be expressed outside a history book. "anti-lgbt = nazi" etc

This is the exact reason why I concerned about what is happening. It is already happening that chrsians are becoming targets in the name of opposing bigotry
    By brainwashed activists yes but not by the general population justifying violence against unexpressable views.

Blog Entries
    Colonel

I agree generally but it is getting worse imo.

Deep down the media and liberals may not say it publically but some believe christians getting bashed is justified.
    When you read comments by some people the hatred is scary

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    By brainwashed activists yes but not by the general population justifying violence against unexpressable views.

Colonel

I agree generally but it is getting worse imo.

Deep down the media and liberals may not say it publically but some believe christians getting bashed is justified.
    When you read comments by some people the hatred is scary
    Others will condemn such violence in strong terms and especially if it's clear that the group in question (christians in this case) doesn't advocate violence as a method to promote or implement their views.

Back in the eighties there was more of a neo nazi community here in Norway since they had leaders that had been around during world war 2. They believed in themselves and were more politically active. Some of the youths were violent and some carried ball bats as a weapon when laws outlawed carrying firearms and knives in public without due cause. Skinheads with ball bats became a signature.

By now the air has mostly gone out of them though they seem to have an upsurge in other countries, especially in Russia. It's a sad thing if everyone else are the ones using violence against them when all they do is hold protests. That will garner sympathy among fence sitters and people who are more moderate and may even create martyrs or at least a sense of martyrdom which has a tendency to strengthen such groups internally, justifying their cause to them. There may be an eventual backclash and the adage "violence begets violence" is confirmed.