Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The battle of Charlottesville

Blog Entries
    Obviously I disagree with the white extremists and what they stand for especially the violence that occurred with the car ramming people
    No one should die or get hurt at these protests

But

Peaceful protests are still allowed in a democracy whether we agree or disagree with the motives

From what I read earlier there were only 200 protesters.... why not allow the protest and get it out of the way and everyone can go home in peace.
    When other groups get involved and protest the protestors then you are asking for trouble

We had similar incidences down here where right wing extremists were peacefully marching but not hurting anyone and then a left wing group started violence and things became extreme

Let the police handle the protest and keep them contained - there is no point in causing more anger by getting physical with right wing extremists

So where are the churches of Charlottesville in all this? I realize that even if they're doing things right, we won't hear about it on the news...but good grief now is the time for both black and white (and any other) churches of born again Christians to unite against what is clearly Satanic in origin. God is not involved in hatred. Pastors need to get together, call a time of prayer and fasting, and make public their denunciation of ANY form of racism and accompanying violence. Racism is not of God. The rejection of evil is Christianity 101, folks.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bookman For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-18-2017), FaithfulOne (08-12-2017), njtom (08-13-2017)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    The rejection of evil is Christianity 101, folks.

I agree but society is so warped that it picks and chooses what is evil and the media stirs up trouble

Down here there is alot of anger atm because there is a push by the left politicians and media to make same sex marriage legal
    Just yesterday a very very peaceful christian group were having a outdoors rally to promote biblical marriage

Guess who stormed the christian rally - LGBT people causing hate and mischief to silence the christians

Will we see politicians, media etc stand up to the LGBT bullies and promoters of hate towards christians????

It is better to allow people to have their peaceful protest even if we strongly disagree than for opposite protest groups turning up and attacking the protestors

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-18-2017)

I've been conflicted.

First, I knew nothing of what went on the night before (one of the very nice things about NO tv.. but not seeing anything on FB until today)

we were to dinner in a place that had a tv.. it was on CNN..

the runnning news thing said "TERROR in VA" .. yeah, "terror".. gee, I don't remember seeing "TERROR" when the liberals were burning down cities, or attacking people trying to drive someplace, or when there were rioting and shouting down anyone who disagrees with them..
    yeah.. "TERROR"
    They won't even say "TERROR" when it's an Islam attack on anyone!

Not to mention, it infuriates me to be put in a position to seemingly defend these idiots! I can completely understand the outrage at taking another statue down. It IS their history. AND, Robert E. Lee wasn't a monster. It never ends, the liberals want to trample everyone/thing that isn't what they think.

So, I've, once again, I've had to turn away from any news, I don't trust any of the people *reporting* they're all crap. Things are never what they seem. And right now, the left is hard making the right look ugly and mean.

Well, we're not. We're not all racist, we're not, but I've been called such more than one time because I didn't like Obama.

I hate what's happened to our country. HATE it. And, it wasn't the conservatives who've brought it about. We didn't riot when our candidate didn't win. We didn't burn cities when we thought something was unjust. We didn't break fellowship over who voted for who.

hate it, I really do.

sorry, this moved to rant.
    I need to go to Disneyland.. or have a beer. but, I'll settle for chocolate and tea.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Femme* For This Useful Post:

curly sue (08-13-2017), Ezekiel 33 (08-18-2017), Nikos (08-13-2017)

I hate what's happened to our country. HATE it. And, it wasn't the conservatives who've brought it about. We didn't riot when our candidate didn't win. We didn't burn cities when we thought something was unjust. We didn't break fellowship over who voted for who.
    I hate it too...But what we're seeing in Charlottesville is a result of those 'idiots' being emboldened by the current Idiot in Chief, constantly shooting off his ugly mouth and tweeting his ugly tweets. I join those conservatives in imploring Agent Orange to speak more strongly against the white nationalist/Nazi terrorists that are the root cause of what's happened. And I don't give a furry rat's behind if anyone disagrees with me here.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

Bookman (08-13-2017), njtom (08-13-2017)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    the runnning news thing said "TERROR in VA" .. yeah, "terror".. gee, I don't remember seeing "TERROR" when the liberals were burning down cities, or attacking people trying to drive someplace, or when there were rioting and shouting down anyone who disagrees with them..
    yeah.. "TERROR"
    Bingo.

They won't even say "TERROR" when it's an Islam attack on anyone!
    Bingo.

Not to mention, it infuriates me to be put in a position to seemingly defend these idiots! I can completely understand the outrage at taking another statue down. It IS their history. AND, Robert E. Lee wasn't a monster. It never ends, the liberals want to trample everyone/thing that isn't what they think.
    Bingo.

So, I've, once again, I've had to turn away from any news, I don't trust any of the people *reporting* they're all crap. Things are never what they seem. And right now, the left is hard making the right look ugly and mean.
    Bingo.

Well, we're not. We're not all racist, we're not, but I've been called such more than one time because I didn't like Obama.
    Bingo.

Bingo.

hate it, I really do.
    sorry, this moved to rant.
    Great post femme.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Femme* (08-13-2017)

Blog Entries
    I get it...Trump was also to blame for the Democrat nut who shot the Republican politicians recently
    He is also to blame for record murders in Obama's turf of Chicago and we even heard news about that down here
    I don't blame Obama either

Sorry your emotionalism proves that even Christians do not think rationally when they allow politics and bias to motivate them

Down here they are blaming Christians for LGBT suicide and for stirring up hate because we believe in the scriptures

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    I hate it too...But what we're seeing in Charlottesville is a result of those 'idiots' being emboldened by the current Idiot in Chief, constantly shooting off his ugly mouth and tweeting his ugly tweets. I join those conservatives in imploring Agent Orange to speak more strongly against the white nationalist/Nazi terrorists that are the root cause of what's happened. And I don't give a furry rat's behind if anyone disagrees with me here.

Sorry your emotionalism proves that even Christians do not think rationally when they allow politics and bias to motivate them
    I think it's Christians who aren't quick to condemn this in no uncertain terms are the ones not thinking rationally...or Scripturally. I'm as conservative as they come and this sort of violence (did you see the Nazi salutes?!) is NOT conservatism.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bookman For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (08-13-2017)

Blog Entries
    Anyone with half a brain knows that racism is evil and people need to be educated about it and to stop it with legitimate, peaceful, democratic processes.

The concern I have is that many opposed to racism are equally hateful with their own evil agenda and will even justify violence, hatred and rage towards others.

The deception is that many politicians, left leaning voters, media and people in power are putting in the same basket biblical conservative Christians with right wing racists which is offensive.

This then gives them so called moral authority to brand us believers as haters and evil because we oppose abortion, same sex marriage, educating children with LGBT agenda.
    Decent Christians are being accused as racists just because we oppose too much Islamic immigration or do not want Islamic agenda to grow.

We are living in extremely confusing times and we all need to think clearly with God's wisdom.

This does not mean every conservative political decision or politician should be supported. Some conservative politicians are terrible and Ned to be voted out of power.

True believers need to be more united than ever in these times but it seems divisions are increasing in many areas. All I know is I want to be on the Lords side the closer we get toward his return.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Colonel (08-13-2017), Ezekiel 33 (08-18-2017), fuego (08-13-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    "agent orange" is a well known chemical weapon. I find it quite offensive that you would parrot the world in using that term about your own president.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-18-2017)