Thread: Amazing Benefits of Pickle Juice

Amazing Benefits of Pickle Juice

You may have polished off the very last dill pickle, but don't toss the jar just yet. The briny solution left behind in your pickle jar is chock full of electrolytes, nutrients, and antioxidants. Athletes have been chugging pickle juice to improve performance for centuries, and legend holds that Cleopatra sipped on the salty solution for beauty purposes.

Here are 8 reasons you just might want to start drinking pickle juice, too.

1. Pickle juice enhances your workout

There's a reason why so many athletes rely on pickle juice as a pre- or post-workout drink. As you sweat on the field, track, or workout floor, you lose sodium and potassium. Pickle juice contains calcium chloride and vinegar which can help the body more easily absorb these essential minerals, helping you hydrate and recover normal electrolyte levels faster.

The National Institute of Health notes that pickle juice can boost athletic performance and thermoregulation. With less sugar than a sports drink and the power to regulate your sodium levels, these are vital health benefits after an intense workout.

2. Pickle juice combats muscle cramps

Research from Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise found drinking pickle juice stopped muscle cramping 37 percent faster than drinking water and 45 percent faster than drinking no liquids at all. For this reason, pickle popsicles are common for professional athletes and an easy way to cool down and reboot at the same time...

http://www.wideopeneats.com/8-reason...-pickle-juice/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (08-09-2017)

Blog Entries
    I actually always drink the pickle juice. I love pickle juice. Actually every time I get a pickle I take a swig too. But don't tell anybody. :)

My brother used to drink the olive juice. Never tried that.