Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Treadmills and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Well, did my HIIT on the elliptical yesterday. I haven't done that in a long time. It was tiring. lol.
    I know the feeling. I'm used to working out so it's more a question of how hard. Getting up to 180 heartrate on the treadmill doesn't make a dent but 185 does. Adding 5 pounds to the weighted pistol squats yesterday felt heavier the day after than the last time (I can probably do +70). Doing the usual stuff or something slightly lighter doesn't matter much but trying to improve can. I guess that is why the body decides to improve, it needs to in order to get used to the increased work load demanded of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I know the feeling. I'm used to working out so it's more a question of how hard. Getting up to 180 heartrate on the treadmill doesn't make a dent but 185 does. Adding 5 pounds to the weighted pistol squats yesterday felt heavier the day after than the last time (I can probably do +70). Doing the usual stuff or something slightly lighter doesn't matter much but trying to improve can. I guess that is why the body decides to improve, it needs to in order to get used to the increased work load demanded of it.
    I think on my last interval I was up to about 186 or 187.

Getting close to the max there. But I presume that it felt good in some sense. The body has some kind of memory of what it has done previously.

Blog Entries
    Getting close to the max there. But I presume that it felt good in some sense. The body has some kind of memory of what it has done previously.
    It definitely feels good when I stop. :)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    It definitely feels good when I stop. :)
    Just don't hurt yourself. W was good at doing that.

Do you guys ever video yourselves? Cause if you ever do some of these things we wanna see it.

Blog Entries
    I'm sure Fuego and Colonel were in those videos

I have a clip that attaches to my t-shirt. If I fall or something the clip will pull a cord that turns the engine off. It's been years since I failed a weight lifting attempt, I know when to stop.

I have a clip that attaches to my t-shirt. If I fall or something the clip will pull a cord that turns the engine off. It's been years since I failed a weight lifting attempt, I know when to stop.
    Since Nikos doesn't know what you look like you should post a little video of your work out session...or at least post a pic of you and your equipment.

Okay, here is a picture of me taken today. In case someone wonders, I'm 45 years old. I'll post a video of a pistol squat with a 10 kilo weight on my shoulder (22 lbs) the next time I do that, later this week.

Treadmills and stuff-img_1065-jpg

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

curly sue (05-15-2017), fuego (05-14-2017), krystian (05-14-2017)