Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bird Feeders

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    This hasn't been officially confirmed but there might be a pair of bald eagles in my neighborhood. Some are sure they have spotted them but did not get pics and a couple of other folk do have pics but they're taken from a distance and not clear. The odd thing is that I saw a huge bird in the sky a few days ago and dismissed it, figured it was just a passing turkey buzzard or something...but maybe it was a bald eagle.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Keep an eye to the sky! Good to see them growing in numbers and range.
    Someone was able to video it...but the bird was wayyyy up in the sky so again not clear, however it sure did sound like one.

Someone was able to video it...but the bird was wayyyy up in the sky so again not clear, however it sure did sound like one.
    It never gets old seeing them.

The King of Hummerdom.

Bird Feeders-b4ad35c2-1b30-4cf9-b6ba-f646a5a23671-jpg

We have enjoyed a very lively feeder station until yesterday. Sure is quiet out there. Strange how it seems they all pick up and move on so suddenly. Nesting time, other food sources lend to the change.

Maybe this is the reason for less feeder activity.

From 20ft away. This was after it finished it’s bullhead dinner...
    Bird Feeders-ba04b942-4a67-48fb-a066-ad34666981ce-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Maybe this is the reason for less feeder activity.

From 20ft away. This was after it finished it’s bullhead dinner...
    Bird Feeders-ba04b942-4a67-48fb-a066-ad34666981ce-jpg
    LOL...yep, that would do it. Sometimes when I'm outside putzing in the garden and I notice that the birds have suddenly stopped chirping I've learned to look up to see what's circling.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (06-07-2019)

LOL...yep, that would do it. Sometimes when I'm outside putzing in the garden and I notice that the birds have suddenly stopped chirping I've learned to look up to see what's circling.
    Best part, geese have disappeared and just in time for church on the lakeshore this Sunday.

Happened to have a phone on me when this little girl visited a little while ago. This is by my side door and I wondered if the growing sunflowers were blocking the feeder...but I guess not. :)

Bird Feeders-img_20190905_184215_01-jpg

Bird Feeders-img_20190905_184235_01-jpg

Blog Entries
    Cool!

My feeder birds have returned. Most of the spring and summer there are Coopers Hawks as they nest very close by. They’ve gone to other territories and my birds are back!

Bird Feeders-649306ab-1518-4544-941d-30f45cbe44ef-jpg
    Sitting in the woods, watching always.