Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting down a tree.....my neighbors....?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
    Aaaww my friend.

He is obligated. He lost his job (about two weeks ago) not sure how he would pay for it. Scared to have the funds be a "loan". because he can't commit to when he could pay me back. I am okay with that. I need it down. To protect my home. It's alot of money to fork out. But it's just the way it is.

I do have other things to spend money on, but this is just going to be one of them. It will happen. sadly, I have to take care of it. For now.

Does he have any savings?

A shame it has to come to this but part of living in a fallen world where many don't take responsibility and expect others to pay

Cutting down a tree.....my neighbors....?-tree-1-jpg
    Cutting down a tree.....my neighbors....?-tree-2-jpg
    Cutting down a tree.....my neighbors....?-tree-3-jpg

This is a huge tree. As you can see, my concrete is cracking, the trunk is pushing through the fence.

As for savings, I highly doubt it. I think he wants to help, because of the damage it's doing. And I am concerned about my own foundation. And if it doesn't come down, then it would be a larger issue for him to handle. So, I could go for the tree, prevent a larger issue, or wait for the damage, and spend more money in lawyers and paying others to evaluate my home etc., and then sue him for everything.

This is a better solution.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redeemed For This Useful Post:

Cardinal TT (04-05-2017), curly sue (04-06-2017)

We live in a MH park. The large cottonwood tree at the end of our house has heavily damaged our roof twice in the 14 years we have been here. We have asked at least half a dozen times, probably more, to have it cut down. All we hear is no, no, no. The current manager says corporate said no, and other tenants would complain because of the loss of the shade. Two weeks ago they came in and removed the tree. The manager lives across the street and says she had been watching it and could see the problem it posed. Cottonwoods are quite brittle and we had minor branches down all the time besides the storm damages.

The Curlys have been rejoicing for two weeks now.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

Redeemed (04-06-2017), Susan (04-06-2017)

Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    I found this really informative website for you Conflicts involving trees

SO...it's possible, that if you contact the municipality, they may take it upon themselves to remove the tree!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lista For This Useful Post:

Redeemed (04-07-2017), Romans828 (04-07-2017)